It was garage cleaning time...

Viggen

Just here...
So, what do you do with a bunch of stuff in a garage after home improvements are all done? You repurpose it.

- 30"x20"x2" wood butcher block
- 25' of 1/8" coated wire rope
- Random clamps, brackets, cabinet hardware and piano hinge
- A few hours of time equals:

Rear door table! Theres about 30 lbs sitting on it in this (crappy) picture. Ill get a better one when its brighter outside. Im pretty happy with it. The table is wide and long enough to hold my old Coleman AND have an area to prepare on at the same time. Also had enough left over rope to make limb risers too. It was a pretty productive day really.
IMG00074%231.jpg

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
Thanks. Some better pics:
IMG00077%231.jpg

IMG00076%231.jpg

IMG00075%231.jpg

The table is held in the closed position by some magnetic cabinet catches that I 'upgraded' with some rare earth magnets. I made a length of wire that acts only as a catch going across the back of the table just in case the truck rattles around so much that the magnets cannot hold on their own anymore. I doubt that will ever happen but its there just in case. Im pretty happy with it. I think I have about $15 in it. Everything else just came from random extras in the garage.

Viggen

Just here...
I was going to go to the anti MAR at the Cove but have a fuel leak coming from the top of the gas tank. Anything over 3/4 tank and she leaks on anything more than 100% level. Ive narrowed it down to what Im thinking is probably a bad connection on the overflow hose which will entail me having to drop the tank. Add to that my distinct lack of desire of dropping the tank will facilitate my dropping her off at Roverland. I cannot tell you how little I want to remove the tank. So, while I wait for the appointment, I can only put 11 gallons in at a time and that would make for a completely crappy time.

That, and Im not really a "rally" person. Blasphemous, I know since I have a Rover but 100+ trucks all in the same area doesnt equal a fun time to me.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
I had this exact same fuel problem on my 97 Disco but my fuel limit was 15. Anything more and it would puke all over the place. I had narrowed it down to a slice in the overflow that i was sealing when the engine blew on me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12