Its a dream but a good dream !

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Only thought is that maybe it needs a brace between the "feet". Other than that, it looks really solid. If you plan on using a vise on it, be sure its completely solid and stationary. You're wasting your time if you end up dragging the cart all over prying or beating on whatever is in the vise.

B85

Adventurer
Still more to do. Thanks.

Going to tie the legs together and use some expanded metal in the bottom for more storage.

B85

Adventurer
With luck will do some test bends Sat. Seam very stable. Here is the work from to day.

IMG_3575.jpgIMG_3576.jpgIMG_3577.jpg

B85

Adventurer
Needed to move thing around a little but it all fits and best part it works ! Big thank you to SWAG offroad,they make a nice mount !

IMG_3580.JPGIMG_3581.JPGIMG_3583.jpg

And went for a ride and checked how it fits in the driveway . Not bad ? LOL I can just here the neighbours. LOL

IMG_3586.jpg

So next week I will start building brush guards and a roof rack.

Last edited:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
No such thing as too big for expedition campers :). I think the proportions are fairly good and there are so many more problems when you add all the moving bits for a popup. Although you could lay the front edge of the roof back a bit and turn it from a brick into a streamlined brick. :Wow1:

While you are in the design phase I would like to suggest one feature that I have never been able to manage. That is to embed the awning into the face of the camper. Basically make an indent into the side or a kick into the corner of the roof so the awning does not stick out or up. Would of saved me a lot of hassles over the years.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Also if you need them I have a set of seats from some minivan or other that worked well in both my Freighliners (dual armrests, so posh). Just took them out of the dual cab to put in a sofa/bed. You can have them for the wholesale price of $0.

B85

Adventurer
The recess is in the plan ! Thanks for the input.

I have the seats but thanks very much for the offer.

Do you still want help with your display ?

Randy

slowtwitch

Adventurer
I'm surprise how cheap those trucks go for... also at the number of Freightliners (unimogs) for sale.

A guy could get into trouble on that website...

B85

Adventurer
"I'm surprise how cheap those trucks go for" Cheap is a relative word. LOL
But you can get yourself in trouble for "SURE " !

B85

Adventurer
Mounts built for the co-driver side. Did you know the bolt pattern is not the same ? Ask me how I know. LOL

IMG_3597.jpgIMG_3598.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger