Its our turn for the Pan-Am

INSAYN

Adventurer
Keep your adventure going Nate, I'm looking forward to seeing some great pictures and hearing of some stories.

The world is small, and I'm sure you will probably run into Freddy again along the way south. Hopefully it will be a good meeting where one of you is in a pickle and the other steps in out of nowhere to assist. :friday:

LateNate

Adventurer
Once again, thanks you guys for all your concern. It's pretty comforting to know that all you guys are looking out.

I just made it into Portland via bus. It smelt like old bologna and there was a persistent beeping that wouldn't stop. But I am here now and am going to find a hostel. I also need to pick up a package from the padres that I had mailed here and stop by REI for some last minute things.

Hope fully I will catch a bus out of here tomorrow for Salem, OR. Thats where all my stuff is. Then will be the task of getting it home.

Yea, you guys have been great. A lot of good inspiring words here. Thanks.

nomadgeoff

Bomb shell! Just home from work and got a paypal email saying trip over so no T-shirt. ******** happens and I agree with the others, keep on keepin on and head south to some heat. By foot is great. Foot loose and fancy free yada yada yada. You wont ever forgive yourself for not trying... you get one lap of the track and who knows when the lap might cut short so live free and keep er lit. PM me in North county San Diego if you need a place to crash and regroup. Good luck to ya Mate...:victory:

syke

Adventurer
I have good friends in Salem I can put you in contact with if you need a hand. Send me a pm if I can help at all.

LateNate

Adventurer
I arrived in Salem today. I walked into the bus station and I claimed my 4 bags, surfboard, and guitar. I had a lot of stuff. It was a bit of a pain in the ***, but I ended up getting a hotel room for the night and was able to get all that stuff to the room.

I am still making decisions about how I am going to travel now. My family is a very important thing I take into consideration when I am making my plans. My father suggested something and it sounds like a pretty good idea.

If I were to choose to backpack it all the way down I would be giving up a lot of the things I love to do. Also I would not have a secure, sheltered place to sleep whenever I needed. My father suggest I come home, regroup, get my truck in good running order and continue on. He is giving me much needed support and I think I should take this opportunity.

So I plan on renting a car and getting my stuff back home. I will take a few days and enjoy myself on the way back across to MO. I would like to stop in SLC and CO possibly. Once I get home I will immediately start work on my 98 Nissan Frontier. Nothing to crazy, just some major issues that need to be corrected and making some sort of sleeping platform in the shell on the back.

Of course I will continue to post everything on this thread to keep it rolling.

sandalscout

Adventurer
Sounds like a really good plan, provides some security and a place to rest your head when needed. Good luck getting everything back together and getting back on the road!

INSAYN

Adventurer
That's the spirit! :clapsmile

Get a web/blog site up too, that way you can upload your many pictures to it and not have to worry about losing them to a crashed computer, or worse....theft. :Wow1:

Terrainist

Explorer
There you go, fire that truck up and hit the road. My guess is, you will be glad you did. Beats walking any day - just my opinion.

LateNate

Adventurer
Just rolled into Mt. Hood. Is getting a bit of a dusting here so I think I am going to try and get some riding done.

Made it up here in the new expedition rig. Late model Chrysler mini van... with chains, hahahah. Not the coolest thing but comfortable and I can hold all my gear and sleep in it.

Terrainist

Explorer
Hey Nate, once the crappiness of this whole deal has worn off, you get your blog rolling, are in your new vehicle etc... there is a small clip at the end of one of the videos you put together where the toyota drives by the camera and then you sprint into the frame chasing the truck down the road waving your hands in the air.

It would be a great loop to have running somewhere on your blog. For the people that have followed the exploits from the beginning, it would be pretty funny to have up there. Besides being funny by itself without the relevance being known. Just a thought.

LateNate

Adventurer
Hey Nate, once the crappiness of this whole deal has worn off, you get your blog rolling, are in your new vehicle etc... there is a small clip at the end of one of the videos you put together where the toyota drives by the camera and then you sprint into the frame chasing the truck down the road waving your hands in the air.

It would be a great loop to have running somewhere on your blog. For the people that have followed the exploits from the beginning, it would be pretty funny to have up there. Besides being funny by itself without the relevance being known. Just a thought.

Yea, its kinda ironic isn't it?

swampjeep

Nate,

I'm so glad to hear you aren't stopping. I just read thru the whole thread yesterday and when I got to the "expedition over" part my heart sank. I so wish I had done a trip like this before getting married and having kids, and I love reading these reports. Even if it isn't heavy off-roading it is still your expedition and seeing much of the world, it is very cool.
Keep on truckin'.

One question I have is the FN' website, is that in Freddy's name? if it is yours I would still use it, it's still a cool name and if anyone asks you can still honestly say it started when you began planning the trip with a person named Freddy, but it didn't pan out... and leave it at that, but that's totally your call.

Good luck and hope to see more of this trip posted soon.

LateNate

Adventurer
I think it is in his name. He actually must of changed the password because I can't log onto it anymore to change anything like I use too.

I am thinking about just starting my own blog thing. Its free and the website wasn't. It also wasn't bringing in any revenue to pay for itself, so I think I will just stick to the free **** for now. Maybe find a good web designer down the way.

Nate,

I'm so glad to hear you aren't stopping. I just read thru the whole thread yesterday and when I got to the "expedition over" part my heart sank. I so wish I had done a trip like this before getting married and having kids, and I love reading these reports. Even if it isn't heavy off-roading it is still your expedition and seeing much of the world, it is very cool.
Keep on truckin'.

One question I have is the FN' website, is that in Freddy's name? if it is yours I would still use it, it's still a cool name and if anyone asks you can still honestly say it started when you began planning the trip with a person named Freddy, but it didn't pan out... and leave it at that, but that's totally your call.

Good luck and hope to see more of this trip posted soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman