I've done what I thought impossible

heeltoe989

Explorer
I went home for lunch and came back to my truck and backed it out of the driveway, and then heard a loud bang on the passenger side.

What do I see a broken Donahoe coil-over spring!!!!!!! :smileeek:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I've seen a few of these posted on the web... don't think it's common though.

Looks like you have the coilover set to about 3" of lift correct? Do you think that may be part of the issue?

No matter what I am positive Kevin can swap that coil out fast.

Pete

heeltoe989

Explorer
mountainpete said:
I've seen a few of these posted on the web... don't think it's common though.

Looks like you have the coilover set to about 3" of lift correct? Do you think that may be part of the issue?

No matter what I am positive Kevin can swap that coil out fast.

Pete

I have the coil-over set pretty high because of the extra weight of the ARB bumper and 9.5xp winch. I'm running about 2.5 inches lift. 3" without bumper and winch. Just got off the phone with Kevin and Jeremy @ Icon, he's sending me a new set of revised coils (Rev C) Overnight, so I should have them tomorrow.

ICON and Kevin's (HRT Off-Road) service, second to none.

Last edited:

heeltoe989

Explorer
mountainpete said:
Great service! Do you the tools to change the spring over yourself?

Yep shouldn't be a problem at all. I might as well do the ICON upper control arms while I'm there too and pull out the sway bar.

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
heeltoe989 said:
Yep shouldn't be a problem at all. I might as well do the ICON upper control arms while I'm there too and pull out the sway bar.

Cool. Do you have extended coilovers to match those arms?

Pete

heeltoe989

Explorer
mountainpete said:
Cool. Do you have extended coilovers to match those arms?

Pete

No extended coils for me, I'll use the coils I have now, but because I run them on the high side it will help with getting my alignment back and help get better use out of the coil-over itself.

heeltoe989

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
:smileeek: Wow, you do work your truck HARD. :bowdown:

I guess backing out of my drive way is harder on the truck than I thought :sombrero:

Maybe I'll park on the street from now on.

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
heeltoe989 said:
No extended coils for me, I'll use the coils I have now, but because I run them on the high side it will help with getting my alignment back and help get better use out of the coil-over itself.

Talk to Kevin - he can swap out the spacer so those coilovers become extended. He was kind enough to let me watch and snap a few pics when he rebuilt mine (which I will post a few of soon) and it's just a machined spacer that determines whether or not it is extended.

Pete

heeltoe989

Explorer
mountainpete said:
Talk to Kevin - he can swap out the spacer so those coilovers become extended. He was kind enough to let me watch and snap a few pics when he rebuilt mine (which I will post a few of soon) and it's just a machined spacer that determines whether or not it is extended.

Pete

Thanks for the tip, I will ask him on that. I was going to re-build just before I went to Baja with him. I might do it then :) thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears