I've done what I thought impossible

Clutch

<---Pass
heeltoe989 said:
Nope the first trip to Baja and first drive through the USA. I'm so looking forward to the drive! I've seen some great pictures and I'll be taking lots of pictures along the way. I'm doing everything possible to the truck to make the trip go well.

Cool cool...I hope you get to drive some of the course, we rode part of the 500/1000 course in March...man-o-man, some of those truck whoops are DEEP! Then a LT kit makes a lot of sense. I couldn't imagine taking my Tacoma through that stuff.

Careful the mystic of Baja tends to bite hard, you'll won't want to leave.

Last edited:

heeltoe989

Explorer
Kermit said:
Cool cool...I hope you get to drive some of the course, we rode part of the 500/1000 course in March...man-o-man, some of those truck whoops are DEEP! Then a LT kit makes a lot of sense. I couldn't imagine taking my Tacoma through that stuff.

yeah I've seen some of the pictures that my friend brought back, I can hardly wait. I'm hoping to drive the race truck in the race truck in the race too. but if I don't I'll be happy to chase and have allot of fun.

Check it out

http://highrollerztrux.com/welcome.htm

Clutch

<---Pass
heeltoe989 said:
yeah I've seen some of the pictures that my friend brought back, I can hardly wait. I'm hoping to drive the race truck in the race truck in the race too. but if I don't I'll be happy to chase and have allot of fun.

Check it out

http://highrollerztrux.com/welcome.htm

Oh yeah, I have seen that truck before. (Or one just like it on the Kore site) Very cool, wish your friends luck.

Ummm yeah, I would get down on my knees and beg to drive a race truck in Baja, do what ever you can!

heeltoe989

Explorer
Kermit said:
Oh yeah, I have seen that truck before. Very cool, wish your friends luck.

Ummm yeah, I would get down on my knees and beg to drive a race truck in Baja, do what ever you can!

Kevin the owner has really helped me out with all the suspension on the truck, I've done allot of wrenching too on the race truck. I keep telling him the hours I put into the race truck equals seat time in the race truck. he says its a good idea. Plus he know I can handle myself behind the wheel, its just practicing and pre-running the course to get use to the truck and then hope for the best and drive smart and drive fast. I might think I know what it will be like, but I have no idea :) I'm sure looking forward to the challenge.

heeltoe989

Explorer
I've done allot of wheeling and traveling, but this will be my first big overland trip with the new truck. I wish I could get the Roof tent and exo for baja but money is a bit tight for truck right now, there's always next baja :)

Clutch

<---Pass
There is a saying "Only in Baja" You'll understand after the trip. Incase you missed this trip report..

We are going back down the last week of October, I can't wait. Some of us vowed to go at least once a year, 'til we die.;) It is only 7 hours away from me, though.

Last edited:

heeltoe989

Explorer
Kermit said:
There is a saying "Only in Baja" You'll understand after the trip.

We are going back down the last week of October, I can't wait. Some of us vowed to go at least once a year, 'til we die.;) It is only 7 hours away from me, though.

7 hours, I wish! Its 32 hours to Tijuana from Edmonton AB according to Google earth :). Plus a little stop over in Las-Vegas. Haven;t really started to plan the trip yet. I still have to sit down and plan the route and what stop and things I would like to see along the way. Run baja and then drive the coast back. I wanted to stop in Colorado to Armorology to have the back bumper made for the truck but thats going to have to wait :(. next year unless I decide to try and fabricate one with Kevin.

Clutch

<---Pass
heeltoe989 said:
7 hours, I wish! .

If that...we can do a quick single track ride at Santa Veronica's if we leave Tucson early enough. We like to go through Tecate, less sketchy than Tijuana.

Planning it is half the fun, good luck!

heeltoe989

Explorer
Kermit said:
If that...we can do a quick single track ride at Santa Veronica's if we leave Tucson early enough. We like to go through Tecate, less sketchy than Tijuana.

Planning it is half the fun, good luck!

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears