Jackson Rally FOZZWLR

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Hello all. Thought I would share my latest build. This is what I've been building for my brother over the last year. Main purpose is for light/medium wheeling and hoping to get into exploring more of the U.S.

Vehicle
1998 Subaru Forester 2.5l auto
Jackson Rally 5'' lift with custom one off long....er travel MacPherson struts
30'' BFG AT's
Ham radio
CB radio
satellite radio
Lowrance GPS
Baja Designs 6'' HIDs
full length roof rack
fridge/cooler
on board air
8000k winch
and Im sure theres stuff I forgot to mention
(some items listed not yet completed)
3200lb stock
should get 25mpg all day long!

Here are some pics as she sits right now. I will post up build pics as time permits.

PICT0915.jpg

PICT0910.jpg

PICT0911.jpg

PICT0912.jpg

PICT0913.jpg

PICT0916.jpg

PICT0918.jpg

PICT0916.jpg

Just barely rolled out of the shop a few days ago. Still a ton to do/button up. Still working on spring combos to get full use of the struts.

Jackson Rally

WareAmI

Nice to see this build again. I started following it on dirtyimpreza.com a while ago, but since I got rid of my WRX I found myself on that site a lot less as time went on. Subscribing to this thread and excited to see what happens with it.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
I finally found some time to work on the fozz last couple of weekends. I switched the rear springs back out to the single rates we originally had, did some front wheel well pinch weld modifying and finished the roof rack (aside from paint). Ill get some pics this week. We also mounted the Lowrance XOG GPS and ran some weatherpack connectors for all of the lights on the roof rack. Still need to do one last mock up of the contents going on the roof rack to see if maybe we want to add some tabs or something before powdercoat. So far on the rack we have (2) 30gal action packers, (2) 5gal gas cans, hi lift, shovel and spare tire. Trying to figure out a way of holding down the action packers and fuel cans that is not just throwing some tie downs over them. Maybe make up some nice "quick....er" releasing straps????

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Rack is about done, minus the floor which will be 2 pieces of .090 aluminum then get it powdercoated.

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Wiring for Ham ant. CB ant. rear aux lights and one extra. Once the rack is powdercoated then it can be bolted in for good and the headliner can go back in to cover the wires.

DSC00109.jpg

CB mounted in an almost useless compartment below stereo

DSC00107.jpg

Lowrance XOG GPS right in front of speedo cause the speedo gonna be a bit off now :)

DSC00108.jpg

Soltek Prerunner HIDs are going on the roof rack

DSC00110.jpg

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Made a little more progress on the roof rack. After mocking up the items on the rack we came up with a way to fasten the action packers and fuel cans (still need to make this deal).

.090 Aluminum floor

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

We will also be storing the shovel up top but not 100% where we want it to go.

Jrally

Adventurer
Behind the light mounts, in front of the spare tire..? I've got mine inside the car, tucked up against the rear corner wall, held in by a hand knob and a GripFist.
-Jon

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Awesome! Never understood why there have not been more people building subies for off-roading.

BTW, how are you addressing camber correction with such height?

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Found a little time to finish up the roof rack. I wrangled some help and tossed it back onto the car and took it over to the powdercoaters yesterday. Should have it back early next week. Going to pick up some sound deadening mats and stick those on the bottom side of the roof before reinstalling the headliner. I had a weird squeal coming from the rear wheels so I had to turn back around and throw it back up on the jack to find out that my brother did not clearance the rear brake pad baking plates enough and they were rubbing on part of the rotor. A quick trim on the belt sander and I was good.

We are planning on buttoning up the wiring for all of the roof rack stuff next friday and then we can finally put all of the interior panels back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12