Jake's XJ build.

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
Here is a little offroading I did the last time it rained.
I always find myself waiting on my female and that is when i explore a little
Whenever I see a cool road off the side of a path or if i spot something cool on google earth, I drop a pin on my iphone and make sure I check it out sometime.

IMG_3155_zps846c52e3.jpg

IMG_3156_zps44ff0bb6.jpg

Its always fun and always keeps me sane!...

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
More adventures to keep busy.

IMG_2975_zps05b5ec01.jpg

IMG_2626_zpsa9c745ed.jpg

IMG_2624_zps472f28a9.jpg

IMG_2622_zpseca61c5d.jpg

On another note, I have collected some more wood/supplies for my rear storage area... now I just need time.

I have been too busy now that I've started a company to do much with it or even get out of the city!

But I will soon enough!

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
I just found a bunch of pictures from my 21st birthday this past December that never made it to my laptop.

My girlfriend(now fiance) surprised me with a trip to Big Bear and a season snowboarding pass!
It has since expired but it was an awesome trip! It started snowing the night before we left, was still snowing while we pulled in and snowed the majority of the time that we were there! I absolutely LOVE snow and it just made the trip that much more magical!

Here we are right as we were pulling out of the court:

IMG_3164_zps99511252.jpg

And while driving up the 15 towards Big Bear, the sky was really interesting with the clouds and how you could see the storm brewing up ahead:

IMG_3163_zpsfb64e6a7.jpg

This is a shot of the road heading into Big Bear, there was a downed power line as we were driving in! Not even a police officer or a fire truck had shown up, we cautiously drove around it on the wrong side of the road and called 911 as we were on a time crunch.

IMG_3166_zpse44db026.jpg

These two are the beginning of the trail right as we pulled off the asphalt:

IMG_3173_zps252bce88.jpg

IMG_3174_zpsaac90c08.jpg

This is heading up the first hill towards the mine:

IMG_3179_zps0b442701.jpg

These are just pics along the trail that I thought were cool:

IMG_3187_zps1964a91c.jpg

IMG_3184_zpsebdc40e2.jpg

IMG_3182_zpsb9935cee.jpg

These are some cool pictures where we could actually see the clouds moving through the mountains. We of course had to pull over and take pictures:

IMG_3189_zpsc8134635.jpg

IMG_3190_zpsc22af2df.jpg

IMG_3193_zps88bf6450.jpg

When we pulled off to take pictures of the clouds, we hadn't driven in or seen snow on any part of the road for about 15 minutes yet there were quite a few idiots driving with their chains still on!!

I had brought chains just in case, but didn't even bother putting them on. When it was deeper stuff in the town then I put it in 4 hi and definitely had no problems getting around. I didn't even feel slipping at all.

It was fun doing donuts in the cvs parking lot which had zero cars in it for some reason.

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
Also, as you may be able to tell, the majority of these pictures were taken on an iPhone or a Panasonic Tough-somethinrather point and shoot which have both worked out fine...
However, recently I have been thinking about getting a DSLR now that they can shoot HD video as well as high quality pictures.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good "Adventure camera"?

My cousin(a photographer) suggested that I look into a Cannon T3i as it'd be a good jumping-off point as far as DSLR's go and not too terribly expensive.
He suggested that I go with cannon because they are what he uses and has plenty of lenses, flashes, batteries, etc. that I could use and he would have an easier time teaching me to use.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Kool photos...almost makes me miss snow.

Almost.

Congrats on the engagement, likes outdoors, likes snowboarding, likes the Jeep...keeper!!

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
@GregB_00XJ, Thank you, it's definitely fun to visit but living in it would get really old, really quick.
And thank you again, we are both really excited!
She definitely ticked off all the right boxes in my checklist.

I like your XJ and trailer a lot!

VanIsle_Greg

Thanks man... I dig yours as well.

Woke up this morning, getting colder, can definitely feel the fall approaching already. Better warm up for the next month or so!

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
Haha, you should come visit us down in San Diego, it is plenty warm down here.
I rode ~30miles today on a supercharged Vespa wearing a short sleeve button up, jeans, and flip flops!
I didn't think about putting my sweatshirt on, even at 60mph!

VanIsle_Greg

Haha, you should come visit us down in San Diego, it is plenty warm down here.
I rode ~30miles today on a supercharged Vespa wearing a short sleeve button up, jeans, and flip flops!
I didn't think about putting my sweatshirt on, even at 60mph!

Nice. It has been awesome here for the past 2 months, hot and sunny and beautiful. We hit a week of rain and cooler temps, will be getting better later this week. Better be nice next 2 weeks, I am on Vacay and going camping again!!

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
It has been a great summer all around I guess! Enjoy your vacation and camping!!
I unfortunately will not be able to go camping again until winter time.

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
@TheGleam227, thank you for the response on the subject. That's what I've heard. Both Canon and Nikon make great cameras, it's just a personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger