James Baroud Evasion + Frontrunner Slimline + tunnel awning

dubdromic

Hi folks,

My wife and I are the happy owners of a James Baroud Evasion sitting on top of a Frontrunner Slimline II on our 2006 LX470. We also have the Frontrunner 2m awning; we're happy with this but want a way to get into the tent from the "room" created by the awning without having to physically walk around the car to the other side. So we're looking at the JB tunnel awning as an alternative.

My question: has anyone tried this setup? Specifically, having the JB tunnel awning attached to the Slimline II? The sides of the rack - where the awning will mount - are flush with the tent. (Vs "tucked under", where the awning housing is flush with the tent.) I'm concerned that the tunnel hole won't be close enough to the tent for the ladder to hook up correctly. I'm basically asking this: does the JB tunnel awning account for the fact that the awning itself pushes the ladder away from the tent?

(Happy to snap some photos of our current setup if that helps explain the issue...)

Cheers!

shoredreamer

Observer
What brackets are you using to mount the JB to the SLII? You could offset the tent so that you get slight overhang on the awning mounted side. Or if possible, mount the awning on the underside of the SLII. To use the tunnel awning correctly it doesn’t require specific orientation relative to the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior