Expedition Leader
April 28, 2010
2 p.m. – please arrive early
Pima Community College, northwest campus
(2nd Floor Amphitheatre),
7600 N. Shannon Rd
Tucson, AZ

http://www.pima.edu/newsreleases/nr2010-04/goodall.shtml

Tucson, AZ – On April 28, 2010, Pima Community College (PCC) will host a presentation at the Northwest Campus by world-renowned primatologist and conservationist Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace.

The year 2010 marks a monumental milestone for the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) and its founder, Dr. Goodall. Fifty years ago, Goodall first set foot on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, in what is now Tanzania’s Gombe National Park. The chimpanzee behavioral research she pioneered there has produced a wealth of scientific discovery, and her vision has expanded into a global mission to empower people to make a difference for all living things.

Today Dr. Goodall travels more than 300 days per year, inspiring audiences around the world with fascinating stories about her life. She emphasizes the importance of JGI’s innovative community-centered conservation programs in Africa, as well as Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots, the Institute’s global environmental and humanitarian youth program. Roots & Shoots engages young people from preschool through college in more than 120 countries to take positive action in their communities and beyond. Dr. Goodall’s frequent reminder: “Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.”

In her lecture, Gombe and Beyond: The Next 50 Years, Dr. Goodall will reflect—both personally and professionally—on the meaning of the past five decades, the extraordinary changes the world has seen since 1960, and the impact these changes have had on people, animals and the environment we all share. In addition, she will discuss the role we must all play over the next 50 years to ensure a better future for generations to come. For more information about Dr. Goodall and her work, please visit www.janegoodall.organd www.rootsandshoots.org.

Dr. Goodall’s lecture at PCC is free and open to the public, but space is limited so please arrive early. A book signing will follow the lecture. Dr. Goodall’s books, as well as JGI merchandise and memberships, will be for sale on site.

M

modelbuilder

Well there goes that Jane Goodall tramp again....last time I saw her I was climbing up in the tree helping my friend groom himself.

Last edited:

James86004

Expedition Leader
A friend of mine who works there got to spend a fair about of time with her Wednesday. Surprising fact: She is a fan of "Top Gear".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle