Jayco Slide in Pop up Camper

Ggerlach0424

* I am open to selling this as a package with the truck. 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 82000 miles in great condition. If you are interested in this, message me and I will send specs and pictures on the truck.

This is a Jayco from 1989. It is an elder in the pop up world however it is still in very good condition!! There were two owners before me. One man who stored it under cover and used it rarely, then another man who remodeled the inside as a summer project though never took it on the road. I have owned it for 6 months, and have been living it in during the winter in Southern Utah quite comfortably. As the seasons change, I am looking to downsize and would like to pass it on to another who could take advantage of all the luxuries! $4,000 for camper only. I am open to negotiating on price and very open to including trades. Specifically looking for a mid-sized truck with a lighter slide in camper (FWC/ATC) or a flatbed build out or 4x4 van.

STRUCTURE
It fits a 6ft truck bed with the tailgate down or an 8ft truck bed perfectly. I currently have it on a Chevy Silverado 1500 with Timbran shock supporters.
This model has a heavy duty crank up system with metal supports on all four corners (shown in photos) that does not require strength, can be popped with heavy snow on top, and is stable in high winds.
CANVAS/ROOF
The canvas is in good condition. I have an allergy to black mold, and was very careful to make sure that it was mold free! There are four windows that can be unzipped with mosquito netting.
I went through a recocked all of the possible leak areas in the roof corners before winter and have not found any leaks throughout the rain and snow season. Externally, the seam along the center of the roof was resealed by the previous owner.
FLOORING/CABINETS/STORAGE
New linoleum flooring was installed in 2019. New cabinets and drawers were also installed. In addition to all the pictured storage areas there is also storage under the bed and under the couch area (which can be made into a kitchen table)
SOLAR:
Right now it is set up with 100 W solar panel that is attached to the top with weather proof tape (no holes!) There is a 500 W goal zero battery. The battery powers all the internal lighting and can charge USB, or regular plug ins. I have never dipped below 80% on this battery with the lights on all night. I frequently charge phones and computers with no problems. This was all installed in 2019.
HEATING:
It is set up with a catalytic propane heater and a five gallon propane tank. This heater barely sips propane and can heat the entire space in 20 min. I have spent many below freezing night in here and felt completely comfortable. The heater was installed in 2019 and New propane lines were installed in 2019.
I insulated the camper with insulation inserts in all the windows as well as Reflexive fabrice along all of the canvas. This is easily removable, though does not have to be removed to pop up or put down the camper/
COOKING
There is a three burner propane stove that is hooked up to a 2 gallon tank that can be unhooked while driving around. This stove honestly works better than the stove I use in a home. New propane lines installed in 2019.
There is a sink that drains to the outside, however I removed the water tank in order to avoid freezing in the winter temps. A five gallon water container fits perfectly on the side of the camper in the truck bed.
I also removed an old refrigerator and use a Yeti Cooler that fits perfectly under the kitchen counter.
INSTALMENT
The camper currently sits on an frame with added insulation on top of my truck bed.
It is tied down with 4 turnbuckles and compressions mounts along the four corners of my bed. No drilling is required, they are easy to remove or adjust to any truck bed. (all pictured)
The camper is removed using three old school tripod jacks. I will be honest this is a nerve racking process and I would much prefer if there were four jacks, but the design has only three mounts. I am currently looking to purchase new tripod jacks, or supplemental slide in jacks or contact an RV center and ask about other systems of removing it.
OVERALL
It weighs in around 1300lbs wet wait with all my gear. This camper is not a modern lightweight home, though it is though it is durable and very comfortable! It has made a great home on the road and would be a luxurious camping set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg