JAYWAGON W463 Reverse Spare Tire Mount - READY TO SHIP

rallye_racer

Hi Guys,

EDIT: Sorry for the long post but I promise it's worth it !

I've been a long term member here but mostly lurking. I'm more involved in another forum some of you are already participating in (Club G)

For the members that don't know me I'm a 25+yrs mechanical engineering technician who is into CAD/CAM, metal fab & welding of all kinds. Interested in all things 'made in Germany' but mostly cars and tools)

Last year I bought my dream ride, a W463 G500 and upon looking into the aftermarket accessories world I found out that most of them are overpriced for what they are (if you compare similar accessories for other brands / models of 4x4's) and I tough there was a way to make better parts at more attractive prices too.

Since then, I started a small side hustle to produce G parts and accessories under the JAYWAGON brand. See JAYWAGON.com (under construction)

I am currently producing what I strongly believe to be the finest reverse spare tire mount money can buy AND at the most attractive price (I am a one man show so no middlemen).

The first batch has been sold exclusively to the Club G forum members and now the 2nd batch is ready to ship.

I would like to offer other forum members who are W463 owners the chance to be part of this.

If you wanna know more just follow this link:
https://clubgwagen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23618

To recap, here's more details:

This mount features all the OEM mount features and is the best mount on the market right now featuring many options not found on other mounts offered in the market.

It allows for 2 mounting position : standard OEM position (lower and more centered) OR the high position for larger diameter tires (to clear bumper and retain good departure angle)

It also allows larger tires to clear rear door with included 'high offset' hardware kit.

There is 2 sets of hardware to assemble the mount to your G (one for OEM tires and the other for wider tires) + a set of 5 black wheel lug bolts to hold your spare wheel on the mount.

An all-inclusive solution of the upmost quality and finish.

Fully welded, heavy, thick steel, powder coated in a 2 step process.

Clear and easy install instructions with pics.

Keep in mind this was initially a personal project and I always do things ‘by the book’ in a very 'German quality approach'. Since I took the time to measure and CAD draw everything, I thought it would be nice to make a few to offer to this community. Wish I can stamp ‘made in Germany’ but this one is going to be ‘Proudly handmade In Canada’

No shortcuts has been made - this is a high end part at an attractive price, 2 things that don't normally go together in our world but for once they are.

This is the 2.0 version, with 4 new features:

-2 step powder coating featuring a zinc primer for the best corrosion resistance possible if you wheel your G in winter (and especially in the rust belt like me - yeah don't judge me...)

-Black matte / semi-gloss TEXTURED finish (like on many aftermarket off-road parts) that is more scratch forgiving than std smooth finish.

-2 new cross braces to further enhance sturdiness for EXTREME offroading users.

-A 1/2'' relocation of the mount 'center' for the 'HIGH' (rotated) position that would allow 33'' tires to clear the rear panel and allows for a full 90 degrees door opening. (this will place the tire a bit less than 1/2'' higher that the OEM position for the normal 'LOW' position but it's not a big deal and I figured that having a full 90 opening for taller tires was worth the modification.

Selling price is USD $400 SHIPPED to lower 48 and Canada. Let me know if you are elsewhere and I will quote the shipping accordingly.

Payment can be made via paypal to :
rallye_racer@hotmail.com

Upon payment a tracking number will be sent to you so you can follow it.

Keep in mind this is still a limited batch of mounts, and that there is already over 50% of the qty available that is spoken for as I am writing this.
I don't plan to make another batch soon as I'm looking to develop other G parts in the near future.

If you need one it's a good time to jump on that opportunity for sure.
Cheers, Jason from JAYWAGON
icon_e_smile.gif

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

rallye_racer

Hi Guys,

Just adding a few more pics of the mount on the G so members can see better what this is all about.

Bye, Jason :)

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

embed

rallye_racer

Weekly bump !
Still a few kits packed and ready to ship.

12 kits were shipped and delivered in the last days to 12 lucky members !

PM me if you want one too !
Bye, have a nice week-end
Jason
:)

rallye_racer

Hi guys,
Sunday bump

Only 5 left for grabs, last chance to get the best reverse spare mount available on the market.

Hit me up if you need one !

Cheers, have a nice week-end
icon_e_smile.gif

Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior