JBA headers for tacos....

DenCo40

Adventurer
In case there is anyone interested in headers for their 3.4 tacoma- URD has 'em for sale at 419.00. I know some people don't like them but for those of us who would like the extra couple of ponies I thought i would throw in this link > linky
I ordered mine yesterday.....:ylsmoke:

coho51

Denver, I'm new to this forum, and just bought a 1998 Tacoma and I need help with who in your area is a good dealer in OME or just other improvments I can do to the truck. I live in Sidney NE. (100 miles from Cheyenne Wy ). Like now I bought a pop up camper and am wondering if I should beef up the rear springs. If you could help would be cool of you. Thanks

DenCo40

Adventurer
coho51 said:
Denver, I'm new to this forum, and just bought a 1998 Tacoma and I need help with who in your area is a good dealer in OME or just other improvments I can do to the truck. I live in Sidney NE. (100 miles from Cheyenne Wy ). Like now I bought a pop up camper and am wondering if I should beef up the rear springs. If you could help would be cool of you. Thanks
Sure I would be glad to help. And WELCOME to the forum!!!
There are a bunch of places in and around Denver to get parts: 4 wheel parts, Slee, Toytec, Off Road Solutions, etc . Also tons of online options for you to choose from.
For hauling around a pop-up you would most likely benefit from some new springs. When it come to Taco's you have lots of different ways to go on suspensions and it really depends on what you do with the truck wether it be hard core off road , a daily driver, or an expo rig. You can install an add-a-leaf which will help the back end of your truck a little and most likely is the most affordable.They are stiff and can damage adjacent springs or you can spend some cash and go with a whole new set of springs which could help you with the ride height and still ride nice.
I would suggest going with what you can afford first and then upgrade from there.
Also there are lots of people on this board that will chime in with their two cents and tell you lots of good info. You can also do a search in this forum to find past threads involving whatever it is you are interested in....or PM me and I can answer some questions for you!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

heeltoe989

Explorer
Just a suggestion, you can always look into Doug thorley headers direct bolt in and they work great. I have them for my 06 Tacoma. ceramic coated to keep things a bit cooler.

here's a link

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/products/sfID1/9/sfID2/40/sfID3/39/productID/924

ignore the price, I got mine for allot less ($375). I would phone them to see if there having a sale, which they have lots of.

Unless you guys intend to do your own fabrication and install, they might save you a couple bucks from an exhaust shop.

Last edited:

DenCo40

Adventurer
All:
Thanks for the tips and suggestions...I got the headers installed this weekend. It wasn't exactly a 6 hour job for me. I usually create my own problems (losing nuts and bolts) which is why it took me longer..
In the end I gained quite a bit of mid-range power. I haven't really stomped on it yet. I thought I would gain a better sound too but it only sounds a tiny bit like the typical header sound..Might be cause of the twin cats...who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears