jeep jk unlimited camper project

ventura911

Adventurer
I remember hearing that cars in the 40's-50's needed help seeing stop lights due to,their windshield visors. A Google search for "traffic signal prism" turned up some options.

lysol

Explorer
Well how about that... I never knew these existed (the traffic light prisms), and I could actually see the benefit of one in a stock wrangler. Would be nice to have one that can be flipped up when needed.

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I think there would be a market for something like this (with less overhang on the front though) if the price was kept reasonable by making it bare bones inside... more like a flip pac than a camper.

Last edited:

lysol

Explorer
He has included a tilt up "pop top" but hasn't added the tent yet.

I think there would be a market for something like this (with less overhang on the front though) if the price was kept reasonable by making it bare bones inside... more like a flip pac than a camper.

Just corrected my text. lol. I was thinking of the traffic light prisms when I typed that.

bamajeep

Adventurer
Thanks for all of your thoughts as they will help me make future decisions. I completely agree with your thoughts on the overhang. Before I started the project, I went back and forth on the pros and cons, functionality, aesthetics, etc. and eventually decided, reluctantly, that in order to make the camping aspect more convenient for family use, I'd have to go with the longer overhang, despite being aesthetically less appealing. Since I'm building this one out of plywood, it'll be less of a cost-issue, when making changes (which will most definitely be made). I'm eager to finish this one, use it several months, and decide what needs to be changed. Thanks again for your suggestions!

bamajeep

Adventurer
Had a few storms move through here Friday night and woke up to this... Severe Weather Test: Check!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150704_114342908.jpg
    IMG_20150704_114342908.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 187

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman

Members online