Jeep KJ trip to Moab... July 13-22, 2007

Sorry to hear about White Rim...wish we'd known you were going to be around town, we could have met ya Friday!

How did the rig work out in the heat?

Klondike is one of my favorites, especially when you take it as the exit route to I-70, through Salt Valley. Looking forward to the pics.

-Sean

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Well my rig did great in the heat. Was definitely glad I had the extra air filters with me because of all the fine dust and sand everywhere along the trails.

Still getting pics organized and labeled accordingly and should be ready tomorrow for posting I think.

And yes Klondike Bluffs was great until we couldn't find the way to Salt Valley Road when it got dark. But it was great with the thunderstorm rolling in at sunset. It made for some awesome photos and even 2 rainbows at one time...

Only one little downfall was a plastic washer that locks the 4WD linkage into the transfer case broke causing me to lose all 4WD capabilites. That was until my friend and I put some things together and he was able to jerry-rig the linkage back to the transfer case with 2 zip ties and a small washer that we had in one of our "kits". Other then that little hiccup for an hour on the side of the La Sal Mountain range the trip was great. I just need to go back now and visit Canyonlands and do the White Rim Trail....

AZCPP

Adventurer
2006KJSPORT4x4 said:
Other then that little hiccup for an hour on the side of the La Sal Mountain range the trip was great. ..

I always think that any time I get to spend in the La Sal's in time well spent.
:arabia:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger