Jeep NuKaiser: Images and Driving Impression

Scott Brady

Founder
I had the chance to drive the NuKaiser on the street, on the trail and in the dunes. A very fun concept truck, and right up our alley. . .

Full Article and all images on the home page: HERE

NuKaiser_16.jpg

NuKaiser_12.jpg

I can certainly see a Jeep truck in the future. The J8 chassis is perfect for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

winkosmosis

Explorer
Is the purpose of the concept to remind people that Jeep used to make trucks, so when they release the J8 or JT it will make sense? I hope so.

BTW, I think the general public does need such a reminder because those full size Jeeps don't have any JEEP logos on them, or any Jeep styling cues, for some strange reason. Maybe corporate identity was less important back then? You see one coming towards you and unless you're an enthusiast you think it's just some old truck.

haven

Expedition Leader
Scott,
As one of only a handful of people who have driven both the AEV Brute with V8 and the Nukizer with 4 cylinder diesel...which pickup would you prefer as an expedition partner?

Waytec

Adventurer
I am going to be strait up I don't like it. I love lots of aspects of it. The box is cool, there is a lot in the details, but as a hole I don't.

winkosmosis

Explorer
If they would build it people would buy it. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I really don't think people would buy it. The combination of old curved 70s FSJ front with the modern JK bodywork is incongruous. If they modernized the fascia it might sell. And then it would make more sense to sell the regular J8 anyway.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Agree. Sell the front end kit from the Mopar parts catalog for the couple dozen guys that care enough and have the disposable income to add that front clip.

MESSAGE TO JEEP: Just bring us the damn J8 based multipurpose vehicles already! SWB, LWB, 3 and 4 doors with multiple roof options including pickup cab. Make it all happen with the new engine in 2012. Why is it so "hard"?!

Call me when it is ready. :)

Desert Dan

Explorer
Jeep should make a pick-up period. J8 or otherwise. Or a re-badged Power Wagon?

To really compete with other pick-ups you need some sort of extra cab option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179