Jeep Patriot

MountainBiker

Experience Seeker
Thanks for the review Scott!

The Patriot sounds like it does everything I would like my modified Subaru Forester to do, even though the Jeep has just a touch less ground clearance. It was really encouraging to hear that the Jeep could go up a ledge even with two wheels off the ground! This is the real weak point of the Forester with it's open front diff, and essentially open rear diff (nearly useless rear Viscous LSD).

I will definitely have to take a look at the Patriot when we are ready to retire the Forester!

Scott Brady

Founder
Here is the Patriot from SEMA:

283951584_6bda13aa07.jpg

I think this vehicle would make for a great concept.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
That picture is awesome. Kind of a sheep in wolfs clothing.

We may have to trade the Liberty in for a Patriot! Can't let the wife see that pic:D

How is the driver position leg room and seating position? The Liberty is a bit snug for larger drivers (but fits me great).

Scott Brady

Founder
I never felt cramped, even in the back seat. Some do not like the interior, but I prefer the simple layout. The seats (on the Trail Rated) also move UP with a handle to provide better trail vision. The rear storage area is very utility oriented with no carpet.

toyrunner95

Explorer
WHY? WHY?WHY?WHY? Why do they keep making things with independant suspension, now if it had 4.10s and dana 44s with factory lockers, now thats a vehicle. put that body on the ruby frame and ill buy one.

Scott Brady

Founder
toyrunner95 said:
.. now if it had 4.10s and dana 44s with factory lockers, now thats a vehicle.

That is available :)

orl-jk-side-view-roof-off-4.jpg

The point of the Patriot is economy (purchase price and MPG) and high speed road and rally"esq" performance. Yet, you can still take them on a trail if required.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
The point of the Patriot is economy (purchase price and MPG) and high speed road and rally"esq" performance. Yet, you can still take them on a trail if required.

Do you have one hiding in your garage?

toyrunner95

Explorer
i still think they should come out with a rubicon package for all ther jeeps. espically the grand cherokee. my parents just bought one and its fun.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
toyrunner95 said:
WHY? WHY?WHY?WHY? Why do they keep making things with independant suspension, now if it had 4.10s and dana 44s with factory lockers, now thats a vehicle. put that body on the ruby frame and ill buy one.

Ultimately, they are in the business of trying to make a profit and sell many units in order to do so. They make one model to keep people like you happy and other models for the other 95% of the buyers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179