Jerry Can Tool Storage

Dazrin

Adventurer
Amazon was giving me suggestions today and actually came up with a cool one today. Too bad it is too late for Christmas!

Rampage Trail Can Utility Tool Box
Rampage Trail Can Storage Box

A little spendy but not completely unreasonable and from the reviews they look like good products. Unfortunately they aren't weather tight, but they would be great for inside storage or nice weather trips. Plus you get a nice conversation piece as tool storage.

Tool Can 1.jpgTool Can 2.jpg

/No, I am not a rep, just found something I hadn't seen and was amused by that hadn't been mentioned here before.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Kind of a neat novelty but as you said it's not weather resistant and I bet a regular tool box does just as well if not better at....holding tools...
I've seen this here before. I think I remember one with speakers in it too.
Not my cup of tea.

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
Amazon was giving me suggestions today and actually came up with a cool one today. Too bad it is too late for Christmas!

Rampage Trail Can Utility Tool Box
Rampage Trail Can Storage Box

A little spendy but not completely unreasonable and from the reviews they look like good products. Unfortunately they aren't weather tight, but they would be great for inside storage or nice weather trips. Plus you get a nice conversation piece as tool storage.

View attachment 202754View attachment 202755

/No, I am not a rep, just found something I hadn't seen and was amused by that hadn't been mentioned here before.

seen it before, and im afraid to say they don't work, at least not in the British climate, as said a toolbox would be much better and probablt cheaper.

Riptide

Explorer
Always thought that was a novelty item; otherwise, why would they make it look like a jerry can, complete with fake cap?

The idea of an external tool box might have some merit, but were I to fill it with tools, it would probably weigh a ton, and therefore, not sure I would trust it in a jerry can rack with a strap...

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
I looked at these and they are just a bit "tinny" (thin sheet metal construction). Kinda neat. Almost bought one. Decided the price was a bit too high for the build quality (i.e. no drawer slides, etc).

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
I have one and use it inside my Jeep. Keep tow straps, d rings, gloves, folding shovel, rags, zipties, etc. in it. Plan to mount it on my offroad trailer once it's finished. A neat little "toolbox".

fishEH

Explorer
Jerry cans are a pain in the a** to store on the truck. They're big and bulky, don't fit many places well, and take up a lot of room. I use a soft sided Husky tool bag and a small waterproof Pelican case for my tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears