Jerry Cans: NATO Style now 50 state legal

jim.hubbell

This website as another source of jerry cans:

http://lexingtoncontainercompanysonlinestore.mybigcommerce.com/jerry-can-20l/

I haven't used this site but from the looks of it these cans look legit and are $50 US with a wide variety of colors. I was planning on buying from this site when I went to purchase for myself.

Also, originalsoegear.com has them in stock from time to time, but they usually sell out very quickly after they get a truck load and they only sell them in cases of 4. They are the legit NATO cans from Latvia or Lithuania (yay for the new NATO countries!) You can follow their facebook page to find out when they get a truck in. I think they sell a case of 4 for around $225, but I might be wrong on that price.

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks for the links above -the descriptions of the cans from the two sites is almost verbatim, a bit strange.
$50 from Lexington Container seems like the best bet??

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

jim.hubbell

My links above are for Jerry cans, they are not labeled for use with fuel nor does the item description mention their use as a fuel container. They come in multiple colors and you can use them to store any number of liquids.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Ridiculous price premium, thanks to our leftist idiot government(s). But still nice to see their tyranny circumvented.

Actually, that's the price premium you pay to shop at Expedition Exchange. Also, consider this fair warning that political drivel is not welcome on ExPo.

JStrider

So, has anyone gotten their hands on these yet?

I'm all for what CARB requirements try to do...

but in my experiences with other CARB compliant gas cans, they are hard to use, and I end up spilling gas, because the sliding mechanisms don't seem to work well consistently.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I doubt most that will buy these will be using the CARB spouts. They'll use old Nato spouts or super siphons.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Are the Lexington Container cans CARB legal?
My understanding is that it's only illegal to sell new cans that aren't CARB compliant, not to own. So if they'll ship them....
I have about 20 NATO cans in my garage, more than I'll ever need. I stocked up about 10 years ago when Cheaper Than Dirt had new ones for about $12.
I'd still like to get a few Swedish spouts, I hate the ones with the plastic accordion ends, they eventually split.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I think it depends on the state (but I'm not sure). I'm pretty sure non CARB can be used in AZ, but I've read of legal problems with them in California. I plan on buying several of these 50 state legal cans so I can be in compliance where needed. If I can find a good quality old style spout, I would like a couple of those too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78