Jim's FJ Cruiser...

MrCyrus16

Observer
Some of you may or may not know but I bought my FJ pretty much the way you see it (lift, tires, Black roof). However, there's ALWAYS room for improvement!!

So far I've added a Radio Shack CB, Engle 45 fridge, FJ ToyBox drawer system, The Source 10# CO2 tank (the fridge and CO2 are shared between the wife's FJ and mine) and now a Kyle Green roof rack w/7" HID's. So far all the pics I have are of the roof rack, other pics to come...

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Summit09day2moab59.jpg

moabday2095.jpg

Last edited:

wikid

Adventurer
Jim You truck is turning into a major trail rig . I like the new rack and lights. We need to get out sometime

thanks
Don

Rev

Adventurer
I bet you can light up the whole world with those Kragens!

Very nice looking rig!

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Noticed your 09 FJ Summit Sticker. I remember seeing your truck at the summit, but don't think I ever had a chance to meet you. I was with a friend of mine in his sun fusion FJ. Summit was a great event! I hope to attend next year also. I'd love to get my Disco on the trails in Ouray!

MrCyrus16

Observer
Thanks guys, it's getting there Don and yes, we do all need to get out on the trail again...night run through Box Canyon? Hmmm...

Rev, Absolutely amazing how bright these HID's are, when their on you can't even tell when the regular head light are on or off.

cosmiccharlie, the Summit was a blast! It was our first year but we'll definitely be there for next year, hope to see you and your Disco on a shelf road or two next year, did you and your friend do Black Bear? That was some crazy stuff right there!

MrCyrus16

Observer
Nice rack, but I want to see this Toybox drawer system that you mention.

Here's a few pics...the drawer is a "work in progress", we're actually going with a different latching system than what's shown. The box is bolted down via an L bracket in the back and a bolt that goes through the floor and into the factory location of the driver-side D-Ring.

072909FJDrawer004.jpg

072909FJDrawer003.jpg

072909FJDrawer002.jpg

072909FJDrawer001.jpg

We are in the process of producing a few of these once we have the latch system down. They are Rhino-lined on the outside, production boxes will have rubber matting (similar to a tool box) inside and the latch will be lockable and flush mounted. These boxes are pretty strong too, I was standing on it to mount my CB antenna and not so much as a creek or groan from it.

GlennA

Adventurer
I love those FJ's, but I think a white roof would be cooler. Different strokes for different folks. Great work on the drawer system.

ccarm

Adventurer
072909FJDrawer001.jpg

We are in the process of producing a few of these once we have the latch system down. They are Rhino-lined on the outside, production boxes will have rubber matting (similar to a tool box) inside and the latch will be lockable and flush mounted. These boxes are pretty strong too, I was standing on it to mount my CB antenna and not so much as a creek or groan from it.

Quick question: the drawer sliders...what weight rating are they? 100lb, 250lb? I have a rear drawer that I built up for my Jeep, and those look to be fairly lightweight compared to many that I've seen used.

Great Buildup so far. Love the FJC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78