JK 2.8 CRD

tugbat

Boy do I feel dumb, realize it's an old thread But I've been interested in the 07 diesel Cherokee/ 07 JK swap for a long time. And thought I found an interesting thread . Instead I get to read the discussion on economics/marketing.

Can anybody point me to a build thread for Cherokee/Wrangler 3.0 swap. I've been searching but haven't come up with anything. Would appreciate it.
Don't worry about the date you see this anytime will be good.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

I know Dave H from AEV did one as well, and he said it was a royal pain in the a** and not at all worth repeating.
Way too much nasty wiring and trickery - he said it was the opposite of what he wants in a swap (simple, reliable, repeatable, etc.)

As far as I know, nobody has ever offered the Liberty 2.8 -> TJ as a paying swap option, and it's never been done into a JK.

I don't know if anyone has done the Mercedes 3.0 V6 from the Grand Cherokee.

I've heard rumors around the web, and lots of people always talk about it like it would be a good idea, but I've never seen photos or a build thread of an actual JK with the older Merc 3.0 from the GC.

I have it on good authority the newer VM 3.0 v6 will package into the JK with no problems, but I'm not aware of anyone that's even attempted it yet.

-Dan

jpat30

Adventurer
I remember seeing a 2.8 swap into an xj in a magazine not long ago. The shop that did it swapped the entire engine/trans combo due to it being easier than trying to get the engine to "talk" to say a manual trans. Still required a bunch of fab especially the radiator and intercooler. It turned out looking factory though and was said to turn in mid 20 mpg all day. I am sorry I don't have a link or anything; just Google diesel swap xj and you will find it. I own a wj and am interested in a possible diesel swap option as well; I got really excited when Banks Introduced a package including motor trans and tcase for sema last year. Advertised for jeeps originally equipped with the 4.0. But it appears not to be headed for release.

Walldog01

Interesting argument , I own and DD a 2012 jku crd auto, sport with renegade pack, and the only thing that would be better would be if jeep in their wisdom would release it in a rubicon, they'd sell another to me in a heart beat. Can't beat the torque for towing the camper trailer through the sand on Moreton or Fraser Island.

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger