JK ARB Twin Compressor Mount

Rynomar

Observer
I just got finished rigging up an ARB twin Compressor in my JK. It ended up taking a lot longer than I thought it would, but I am really happy with the finished result. That little thing pumps some air! I hooked it up to a one gallon air tank to make it easier to run air tools. I also hooked up a couple quick connects to allow for easy access.

I had some extra brackets cut when I had mine made, so if anyone is interested in a bracket let me know.

Attachments

• photo-12A.jpg
    photo-12A.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 55
  • photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 13 rear view of compressor.JPG
    13 rear view of compressor.JPG
    478.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 35
  • photo-14.jpg
    photo-14.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 32

frfun

I like your set up -looks good! I'm trying to figure out how to install my power inverter in that same location under the passenger seat and I wonder if that bracket will work. What are the dimensions of that bracket where the unit sits? Also, if you don't mind, I'm interested in the details of that box you have in the cargo area where your tank is mounted?

Adventurer
HI,
Why use air tools on the trail, I ask? The weight/space tradeoff doesn't seem worth it. And, 1 gal of air is nothing for an air tool. The only tool that might conceivably work is an impact wrench and even that not for long. Certainly not a cut off tool or other such high quantity air users. All in all, this seems to be a bad idea that I have never understood. It does seem like a nice compressor though.

Give me a wrench or socket every time.

Sparky

Rynomar

Observer
The ARB Twin Compressor is designed for constant duty, so you can supposedly keep it running while using it. I added the tank to allow for use of an impact primarily. I agree that it probably would not work that well with a cutoff tool or something similar, but that little compressor pushes the air!

The base of the bracket is about 11 1/2" by 6". I have it set up to attach with a strap to one side of the seat bracket and directly to the other side with two holes.

I built up the storage in the cargo area with a 2x4 frame and some MDF. I built the top with a hinge so that I can cover the back seat with it is folded down, or flip it back when the seat is up. I keep the seat down most of the time and it has made for a great space for hauling various things. The top is covered with EPDM and the rest is carpeted. The EPDM was pretty expensive, but I can throw anything back there and don't have to worry about it. One of the most useful things I have do to the Jeep so far.Storage 003.jpgStorage 004.jpgStorage 005.jpgStorage Light.JPG

Last edited:

Rynomar

Observer
Yeah, that is the way the subs are setup in the 2012's. It is molding in and I have not found a way to relocate it.

Rynomar

Observer
Here is a link to a video I did to give you guys an idea of how loud the ARB Twin Compressor is mounted under the passenger seat in the JK. I tried to keep the camera around head level in the drivers seat, except where noted.

http://youtu.be/DPP6M0TRq90

Token

Explorer
HI,
Why use air tools on the trail, I ask? The weight/space tradeoff doesn't seem worth it. And, 1 gal of air is nothing for an air tool. The only tool that might conceivably work is an impact wrench and even that not for long. Certainly not a cut off tool or other such high quantity air users. All in all, this seems to be a bad idea that I have never understood. It does seem like a nice compressor though.

Give me a wrench or socket every time.

Sparky

If you're ever get to replace a ball joint or a TRE on the trial you'd appreciate an impact wrench..

I've got OBA but it's just for airing up tires and other stuff really.. Only air tool I can think of that might be worth having on the trail would be an impact, but you can get battery operated impacts now for a lot less than the cost of OBA and a decent impact if that's your main justification for doing OBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears