JK dashboard center part

XXXpedition

Explorer
i'd like to remove the part where the switches are... next to the emergency flasher button where the rubicon has the locker switches...

anybody has removed that yet? can i just pull out this part or does the entire center have to come out?

thanks
sven

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Hello Sven,
I am not sure if that section is connected but from the few pictures I dug up it looks like it might be seperate. Here is what I have for photographs. Let me know if you need a "how to" to get the dash apart.

47b8dc23b3127ccec31167d765b400000015108EatWzFu0cA9vPhQ

47b8dc23b3127ccec31018c0054800000016108EatWzFu0cA9vPhQ

JRhetts

Adventurer
go to the web site for Cool Tech LLC, and look at their products; each one has detailed instructions for how to remove various parts of the dash.

Big D

Observer
To remove the top portion, use a fiber trim removal tool or non marking screw driver and remove the top panel close to the window first. Then disconnect compass(or remove) and unhook panel in front.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I think what Sven is asking is the locker switch panel removable. Maybe he wants to put a CB in there. Not how to take apart the center console. Just a guess.

XXXpedition

Explorer
i really like that and it seems really thought out, but $435 is a bit tough...
i thought about adding an alum. angle (black) and put in switches there...
would be way cheaper too.
we'll see. sven

Steve Curren

Explorer
You might want to go to jk-forum.com, there are a number of people who have made modifications and maybe something there might please you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998