JK Expedition Wannabe

ZMagic97

Explorer
Terleira, your Jeep is awesome. I love how it is still very practical for on and off road use. Coming from the US, I love your photos. Please keep posting!

terleira

Observer
Thank you Grecy and ZMagic97.

We are very fortunate because Portugal really is a beautifull country.

I look forward to visit the US though. I've been to Kentucky but didnt get the chance to go and explore. Im preparing an expedition in 2018! :D

terleira

Observer
Ultimate Adventure Rottarcos 2014

18914010.jpg

19091610.jpg

10003610.jpg

16140810.jpg

Last edited:

terleira

Observer
So, i always thought safety is a priority when building a car. Lately i've been thinking about two things.

Brake lines and "roll-bar"...

First step since last thursday.

img_0210.jpg

img_0211.jpg

terleira

Observer
This also reminded me that because i've got this amazing Bilstein Setup i can always change their performance. Been doing some tests to realize wich load i enjoy most. With and without passengers and cargo.

img_0016.jpg

Big thanks to Ricardo @ Offroadprojects Portugal.

Last edited:

terleira

Observer
MOre Pics :D

img_9410.jpg

img_9411.jpg

img_9412.jpg

img_9414.jpg

img_9415.jpg

img_9416.jpg

img_9418.jpg

img_9419.jpg

A water tube probably poorly fixed and got loose! Had to work it out right there.

img_9420.jpg

img_9422.jpg

Water depo.

img_9421.jpg

Overall pic.

img_9423.jpg

Now i only need to switch the water to coolant.

img_9424.jpg

:sombrero:

terleira

Observer
Upgradessss

So this is how i have the back of the JK.

11736010.jpg

Been reading about NL Battery systems and although some say we can use different battery brands, i always enjoy having things equal if necessary. A friend needed a bat i had thought about trading... i did it.

Bat Tray

img_2018.jpg

Older

Exide Dual AGM EP450 50 Ah

img_2016.jpg

New

Optima Yellow Top 67 Ah 5.5

20140710.jpg

20140711.jpg

20140712.jpg

swrider

Observer
I love your thread Terleira. I've read so much about traveling in your country and now that I've seen your pics I definitely need to plan a visit!!!
I had a couple of questions:
First, why do you run double batteries on your Jeep? This is a concept I have yet to understand.

terleira

Observer
I love your thread Terleira. I've read so much about traveling in your country and now that I've seen your pics I definitely need to plan a visit!!!
I had a couple of questions:
First, why do you run double batteries on your Jeep? This is a concept I have yet to understand.

SWRIDER, Thanks. My country really is amazing. 4 defined seasons, beachs, Mountain... a bit of everything. You are welcome to come. Ill show you around.

Well, the battery issue comes from past experiences. Bad experiences with winching and aux lights and the freezer... Because i was looking for a jeep to travel and to satisfy both family (baby) and mine (offroad) needs i thought if i ever spent money ill do it in things that i really need. So instead of big tires.. an extra battery and a kit to manage both. Everything Aux in one battery and everything else in another.

System is amazing and great.

This one is also good : http://ibs-tech.ch/en/products/dual-battery-system.html

terleira

Observer
Factory size.

Planning to use STT MAX from Cooper or maybe som BFG's. Probably 315/75/17. But when i do get them will have to swith the axle gears and to strenght the front axle.

dstmaxx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179