JK/J8 Flippac rumor??

Scott Brady

Founder
Seriously. :sombrero:

You can sleep 2-3 on the front half and 2-3 on the back half. There are inserts that plug the entry hole and make another sleeping surface. Four would sleep super comfy.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Martyn,
You said in an earlier post that the tent for the Habitat will be more like a RTT, having window awnings and similar heavy waterproof fabric. Will this tent configuration and material make it's way into the standard AT Flip-pacs?

-

We will be making tents from the same material for AT-FlipPacs. We won't be starting on that project until the Habitat production is running smoothly.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Thanks for the reply Martyn... Put me down for a full size Flip pack if you ever change the tent material to something heavier and fully waterproof.

Don

-

Martyn

Thanks for the reply Martyn... Put me down for a full size Flip pack if you ever change the tent material to something heavier and fully waterproof.

Don

-

Don

The material we use is Impregnated, 65/35 Poly/Cotton Weave, Waterproof/breathable 8 oz. (275g/sq.m).

The weight: of a good pair of jeans, not as heavy as the Eezi Awn tent material which is in the 400g/sq.m range. The reason for this is that the material has to have a low volume to fit into the lid of the Habitat.

Waterproof/Breathable: is a combination quality and it is something that is very important to understand for all tents.

Breathability is the characteristic of allowing the exchange of gases between the inside of the tent and the outside of the tent. I'm sure you have been in a small tent where the inside of the tent gets it's own clammy microclimate, sort of sweaty. This is a tent that doesn't breath well.

As breathability decreases the waterproofing increases. You'll see this with coated fabrics, the tent is amazingly waterproof, but the interior can take on the feel of the rain forest.

The balance is finding a fabric that as high on being waterproof as possible, while allowing the fabric to breath.

65/35 Polycotton weave: allows the material to have the core strength of polyester while exhibiting the characteristic of cotton, softness, smoothness, the ability to absorb liquids.

Impregnated: The material has been treated by dipping it into vats of liquid that provide the fireproofing, mold resistance, waterproofing, and color. The absorbing qualities of the cotton allow these qualities to be held by all of the fabric in contrast to fabric that has been sprayed or coated.

See our article on tent fabrics here.

Martyn

An update on where we are as far as production goes.

All of our production slots for December 2010 and January 2011 are full. We are taking deposits for February 2011 builds now.

I know it's a little ways off, but if you are thinking of putting a JK Habitat on your Jeep this Spring you should contacting AT soon to secure your build slot.

We take a 50% deposit with the order, which secures your build slot, and the balance prior to pick up.

For more information contact mario at adventuretrailers dot com

jdemonto

An update on where we are as far as production goes.

All of our production slots for December 2010 and January 2011 are full. We are taking deposits for February 2011 builds now.

I know it's a little ways off, but if you are thinking of putting a JK Habitat on your Jeep this Spring you should contacting AT soon to secure your build slot.

We take a 50% deposit with the order, which secures your build slot, and the balance prior to pick up.

For more information contact mario at adventuretrailers dot com

I am not sure if I missed this.....how much are these? Your website has no pricing. Thanks! Also I would like to tour your facility sometime in the future, thanks for a great product.

Jason

Martyn

I am not sure if I missed this.....how much are these? Your website has no pricing. Thanks! Also I would like to tour your facility sometime in the future, thanks for a great product.

Jason

$6000.00 for the Habitat.

Love to have you visit the shop, e mail Mario for an appointment.

kb7our

Explorer
Do Habitat Storage Accessories Fit The JK?

I ask because all the Habitat storage accessories shown on the AT website are mounted on a J8, which appears to have some differences like the tailgate area and maybe some other differences I may not be aware of.

Thanks!

Martyn

I ask because all the Habitat storage accessories shown on the AT website are mounted on a J8, which appears to have some differences like the tailgate area and maybe some other differences I may not be aware of.

Thanks!

Yes all the accessories fit the JK.

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
I just read through all 51 pages of this thread. The M&M team have done an excellent job bringing to market a very cool option for JK Unlimited owners.

As an owner of an LJ, I hope to see something similar adapted to these earlier Unlimited models. As to production, the Wrangler LJ was produced for three years (2003-2006). The LJ Rubicon was only produced in 2005 and 2006. There are production numbers available for market analysis. This data is taken from the Jeepforum.com, and are believed to be accurate, DC sourced numbers.

Production sold for the 04-06 LJ (by years)
2004 - 11,822 Unlimited
2005 - 7,450 Unlimited
2005 - 5,854 Unlimited Rubicon
2006 - 14,624 Unlimited
2006 - 6,742 Unlimited Rubicon

Totals:
33,896 - Unlimited
12,596 - Unlimited Rubicon
46,492 – Total

I hope this helps Martin and Mario with their decision making process with respect to building an LJ compatible Habitat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78