JK Overland Project: Expeditions West 3.0

expeditionerd

Observer
Yep Mopar 17x7.5 wheels, I actually purchased matching paint from expresspaint.com and rattle canned them, 3 base coats and 2 clear coats and I only painted the faces, cameout great! Went with BFG Mud Terrains 35x12.5x17 and a 1.5" spacer which is needed for the wheels to fit with these tires.

They look great!
I really like the black fender combo with white wheels.

Since there seems to be so many of us looking for white steelies for our white JK's I should share here another option I've come across and been contemplating for a while.

Stockton Wheel ( http://stocktonwheel.com ) appears to be the Company that has crafted the steelies for these two builds.
Model 22 seems to be the one they've used:
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/4wd_offroad.php

I have not requested a quote yet, but being fully custom wheels, I wouldn't be surprised if they cost a
few hundred or more per wheel.

Anyone here has any experience with these wheels?

Stockton, CA is not that far away from home base, so I might just drop by their shop to check a few models first hand.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385150.168161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385150.168161.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 202
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385170.268321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385170.268321.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 218
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385181.163398.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313385181.163398.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 180

Frank

Explorer
Unless you want a custom backspace, I cant really imagine a steel wheel for a Jeep being real pricey. I really like that steel wheel look though.

Riley

Observer
I believe you'll find Stockton Wheel closed. I saw it mentioned in a different thread on the site. Just an FYI.

fxk142

Observer
The Overland JK lives again in the pages of Overland Journal for one last time. Great issue, great vehicle!

An inspiration for my JK and I am sure a lot of others.

IMG_2100.jpg

forsakenfuture

Explorer
It is sad to know the vehicle was crushed. I would like Jeep build an Overland 2 off of a 2012 for Moab this year just because....because I want this one to live on.

udoxx

Observer
What? Somehow I missed that news.
Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
-Dan

The news is in the 2012 Gear edition of Overland Journal...section Overland Tested page 55. You won't regret subscribing! Mr. Brady did a terrific job chronicling the entire history of the vehicle!

Last edited:

ryancrouch

Love the video Scott, not sure the suite works for you though lol. Too bad they had to crush the JK Overland that inspired so many. I would have rather seen it put in a Jeep museum, something similar to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger