JK spares

av8or

What's going to break? Looking to put together a spares/tool kit and could use some advice (2009 JK) Traveling medium difficulty routes but to very remote areas.

Cheers!

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Spares??

Good question. I played my stereo while playing catch football/frezbee and ran down the battery. Didn't break but required a back-up "jump battery" to restart the Jeep.
Otherwise NOTHING has broken. I try NOT to break though. I'm not into bending or breaking things just to prove my trail cred, as I used to be. That habit as gotten way expensive.
Drive it like to you want to keep it!
Best of luck, but go prepared.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
av8or wrote
JK spares
What's going to break? Looking to put together a spares/tool kit and could use some advice (2009 JK) Traveling medium difficulty routes but to very remote areas.

Cheers!

Is your Jeep going to be left stock. If so I think you would need very little. Once you start lifting it thou then you just opened up a can of worms.

One thing you might look into is a small plastic piece that is part of the 4wd shift linkage. I have heard that this can break if you pull on the 4wd levers too hard. The part is very cheap but can leave you stranded in 4wd. Sorry I do not know the part name or number I will try and find it.

I would also second some sort of back up battery. I was left stranded when my Optima went south.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
transfer case shifter

Mine hung up in 4WL. All one must do is slide underneath (plenty of room) reach for the shifter linkage on the transfer-case and move it out of LOW. Not hard. Drove my to the dealer and he replaced it with the factories fix. (they are aware of the issue and have the fix) If your is broke...get it fixed. I wasn't an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman