JKNY's Expedition Bantam build

JKNY

check out this easy no weld extension, 48" bed to hitch. FYI=brian

Yes thanks man, I'm actually doing something similar to that. I picked up two pieces of 3x2 at 60" and one really long piece of 2.5" that I'm going to run in the middle all the way back to the front crossmember. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to bolt them close to the frame like you did. Because my trailer is a bantam trailer the tub doesn't come off. I may try to cut the piece off where the original bolts went thru and re weld them closer and bolt them that way? Either that or just it all and add some extra supports.

brian90744

American Trekker
check out this easy no weld extension, You may have to weld instead, I would not cut the mounts off and reweld. before you weld best to Assemble a drill a front hitch holes. just FYI=brian

Attachments

• Hitch Tongue extent 8.jpg
    Hitch Tongue extent 8.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

JKNY

Great thanks for the info and suggestion! I'm going to flip it over this weekend and see what i can do and try to drill and bolt if i can before welding.

brian90744

American Trekker
Great thanks for the info and suggestion! I'm going to flip it over this weekend and see what i can do and try to drill and bolt if i can before welding.
you could install the 60" bars and drill the hole thru into the bed and used carriage bolts from inside the bed down, just an idea.=brian

JKNY

Any luck on the springs?

Yes i accidentally ordered the wrong ones ( one part number off) i shipped them back already. So now i'm thinking if i should just clean up and re paint the old ones and use those (save a few bucks) or just re order then new ones? I also snapped one of the U bolts so stopping by redneck trailer supply on Friday to get new ones.

you could install the 60" bars and drill the hole thru into the bed and used carriage bolts from inside the bed down, just an idea.=brian

Yes i thought about that also, I'm also going to re use the brackets that bolt those bars to the front lip of the tub.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Yes i accidentally ordered the wrong ones ( one part number off) i shipped them back already. So now i'm thinking if i should just clean up and re paint the old ones and use those (save a few bucks) or just re order then new ones? I also snapped one of the U bolts so stopping by redneck trailer supply on Friday to get new ones.

Yes i thought about that also, I'm also going to re use the brackets that bolt those bars to the front lip of the tub.

If you have enough time left do the new ones...I think it'll be too much of a PITA later.

JKNY

Got the extended tongue done today. Came out great! Welded everything up underneath and added some extra L shape brackets for support. I'm still going to run bolts thru the original holes underneath also so it will be nice and strong.

I went to mount up the jack that I got and it turns out it's made for a minimum of 3" tube so I will have to return it and get one for a 2.5" tongue or just get a weld of one.

6085e24fc290bee4fb3b704fce169b44.jpg
d78cb831bd9bc5a582ee410ebe7ee9fb.jpg
d2cea95559bf56a251f479242a4272f0.jpg
e2c49337898711a74678d749874ac5e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKNY

Took the trailer out for a test spin around the neighborhood today! Tracked great behind the truck and barely felt it back there. I think I fubbed up something with the measurements for the extended tongue because it's definitely longer than I planned but I think it's going to be perfect once I mount a spare tire and tongue box on it! Plus going to have a new bumper on the truck soon with swing out tire carrier.

7dc9d41b8380ead5051c6f0ca52e457a.jpg
fb3ae886297c42c1540bc344f97d42b6.jpg
e452b264f929da1cb113ef176f37c789.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKNY

LOL Yes i know it's extremely longggg haha I plan on shortening it to make the wheel base of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan