JKS J-spec 3.5" suspension?

GFA

Adventurer
Anyone using it that can comment on it? I've always liked JKS products, they seem to be of good quality and now that I just bought a new rubicon it's one of the suspensions I'm considering. Most parts of the system are pretty well known of such as the track bar etc but what about the springs and Fox shocks? Are the springs made by JKS or do they use another manufacturers springs?

I need a system that is more for daily driver and overland use. I am typically loaded fairly heavy and will be towing a 1400-1600 lb teardrop whenever we go out of town. The plan is to also run aev bumpers and tire carrier also.

I currently have a teraflex 2.5" system with bilsteins which I'm happy with but there's room for improvement as its not been without issues. Right now I'm kinda leaning towards either this JKS setup or the AEV 3.5" but will also consider others.

Thanks
SB

spagthorpe

Observer
If you're running heavy, the AEV is probably the only system specifically designed for that. They actually don't work as well if you aren't loaded down. It's probably what I'll ultimately end up with.

Ericwc

I just put on the JKS Kontrol 3.5 with fox shocks a few weeks ago. So far very happy with it. We use our jeep for everything, dd, "overland" and trails in Moab. Currently still running the stock rubicon tires but on road handling is as good if not better than stock. Which I honestly did not expect with a 3.5 lift. I really went round a round on what lift to get because for every good review there's a bad one but talked to Weston Blackie (owner) at Trail Jeeps and they highly recommended the JSPEC There are not a lot of reviews out there for it but based on the builds I've seen Trail Jeeps do I decided to trust them and was glad I did. The Kontrol kit is not cheap but very complete and worth it in my opinion. Trail Jeeps used to do a lot of AEV lifts but now recommend JKS.

Just my 2 cents
Eric

DailyJeep

Adventurer
I just put on the JKS Kontrol 3.5 with fox shocks a few weeks ago. So far very happy with it. We use our jeep for everything, dd, "overland" and trails in Moab. Currently still running the stock rubicon tires but on road handling is as good if not better than stock. Which I honestly did not expect with a 3.5 lift. I really went round a round on what lift to get because for every good review there's a bad one but talked to Weston Blackie (owner) at Trail Jeeps and they highly recommended the JSPEC There are not a lot of reviews out there for it but based on the builds I've seen Trail Jeeps do I decided to trust them and was glad I did. The Kontrol kit is not cheap but very complete and worth it in my opinion. Trail Jeeps used to do a lot of AEV lifts but now recommend JKS.

Just my 2 cents
Eric

Great info. I recently noticed that Trail Jeeps had switched to JKS, almost exclusively, for 3.5 lifts. Like you said, it may not be a one size fits all thing, but it's definitely a solid vote of confidence in the product itself.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
If I wasn't the HUGE teraflex fan I am. I would run the JKS system. They make awesome products. I will be running their swaybar spring system this spring as well. Works great and its not greatly overpriced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears