JKU 1:16 Scale Model... well almost, anyway ;-) ... from Bruder of Germany

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Yes, it's a toy. Not a true precision scale model. But your kids can play with it and not (immediately ;-) break it, and it is pretty darn accurate! If you are familiar with Bruder Toys, you will know that they are durable, really well made, and very realistic. 1:16 Scale, about 13" long.

http://www.brudertoys.com/en/usa/ra...ent_pi1[action]=details&tx_sortiment_pi1[c]=1

Got mine thru Amazon

81z9Ib3jl+L._SL1500_.jpg

71DHq33luzL._SL1500_.jpg

81VbVGv45PL._SL1500_.jpg

Added; product description from Bruder webpage (typos and all :):

JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Highlights

automotive body:
- tailgate can be opened
- detachable backseat

chassis:
- spring-loaded front and rear axles with 4 steel strings
- incl. removable drawbar coupling

common:
- WARNING! Not suitable for children under 36 months. Choking hazard - small parts.
- Recommended age: suitable from 3 years upwards for playing indoors and outdoors
- manufactured from high-quality plastics such as ABS
- Compatible with figure
- Made by Bruder
- Scale 1:16

Description
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon not only looks like a stunning off-road vehicle, it also provides countless functions to enable almost unlimited fun and games. In addition to the two-part, detachable segment roof, the bonnet, rear door and all four side doors open. It goes without saying that the the vehicle provides enough space on the inside for four BRUDER bworld figures. Alternatively, the rear seat can be removed to create space for accessories compatible with BRUDER standard connectors. The additional drag link is intended to facilitate steering through the roof hatch and if it is not required, it can be stored in the vehicle underbody. The axles feature typical off-road vehicle suspension and tread tyres with wheels in appealing SUV design. The front interface, suitable for items including the optionally available cable winch and the detachable drawbar coupling mean there are unlimited possibilities for enhancements in the world of BRUDER.

Last edited:

Jason911

Adventurer
I've got a 2-door version of that sitting on a shelf somewhere that needs a new home if your interested.

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I've got a 2-door version of that sitting on a shelf somewhere that needs a new home if your interested.

It's been the larger-scale 4-door JK (JKU) that has been a problem. They seem not ever to have been recreated as a scale model, in any country, except in small (or very small) scale. I like a larger desk model of my vehicles; I've had 2 JKU's since 2008 and this is my first desk model.

For the JKU, this is as close to a scale model as I have seen, other than the RC bodies. Yea, It's a toy, but a darn good one ;-)

Anyone know of a true scale model, with correct detailing throughout? Roughly 1:16 scale or larger? Post it!

Last edited:

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
I've been collecting die-cast Jeeps for quite some time now. I'm at 190 right now. I also collect Children's Books about Jeeps. I'm up to about 35 of them - some signed first editions.

My Collection
B11654D4-9059-4F1B-9C2E-8A2B2A087FE8_zpsinc7id1l.jpg

My Cherokees
ABB12F36-D486-41B6-9C58-8CD39042823C_zpsrritkuft.jpg

My Grand Cherokees
880BBEA2-2629-4F73-A102-04D4B759CD15_zpswpvs8qr6.jpg

My "Cheerleader/Barbie Jeeps" - Sorry - couldn't resist.
80799750-D4D8-4CA3-993E-A5ADE4ABB9FA_zpsi00f34j5.jpg

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I've been collecting die-cast Jeeps for quite some time now. I'm at 190 right now. I also collect Children's Books about Jeeps. I'm up to about 35 of them - some signed first editions.

I can't do this... Collecting, I mean; I would never stop ;-)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Funny that you mention this. I just got back from a visit to Germany and while shopping for our little one I noticed that brand and Jeep model. They also have Unimogs, LR Defenders....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears