20171108085548-b5f86d26-me.jpg

static_05.png

2018-jeep-wrangler-interior-rubicon-2.jpg

jl-wrangler-information-center.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-interior-rubicon-7.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I like the center dash layout. Seems busy, but well organized.

Don't like the plastic on the tailgate or the huge amount of plastic on the rear wheel well.

Also, as for plastic, what is up with the unpainted plastic around the wipers?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
What is that red ring around the shifter? Is that a manual where you have to pull up on the ring to shift into reverse?

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
There are USB ports behind the media door and also in the console.

And you are correct regarding the red ring on the manual shifter, pull up on the ring for reverse gear.

The subwoofer should have stayed in the floor but at least the new side mount doesn't protrude into the loading area.

The unpainted cowl and hood vents look like cheap aftermarket accessories from JC Whitney, but painting them should mostly mitigate the issue.

TCM

Given the rear view mirror is now attached to the header and not the windshield lets hope Spod will have a solution that uses the 4 new factory accessory switches to control the Spod solenoids. It will no longer be possible to mount a switch bank on the windshield header like they did in the past.

TCM

Not a fan of the LCD screen mounted between the speedometer and the tachometer either. And where are the oil pressure and volt meter gauges. Only fuel and coolant temp are in the center display. According to the user manual oil pressure and voltage can be displayed on the center stack but that is just a pain. But Jeep knows that the majority of all Wranglers will be mall crawlers and the drivers of said Jeeps don't care or even know what the other gauges are actually telling them.

BCobe

Adventurer
Maybe one day I will come around, but I am not gaga over the new JL. Looks to techy for me, the push to start is not something I am a fan of either. Kind of wonder what the base JL's will look like interior wise, mainly if it will be a base radio or if they will keep the LCD Uconnect for all models.

TCM

All models will have an LCD screen because of DOT regulations requiring a backup camera in all automobiles sold in the USA after May 1, 2018.

TCM

Putting the license plate on the rear bumper is also a bad move because most after market bumpers will not specifically allow for this and the plate will end up bolted to the face of the bumper as an after thought. Ideally the aftermarket will offer a body mount in the old location.

BCobe

Adventurer
All models will have an LCD screen because of DOT regulations requiring a backup camera in all automobiles sold in the USA after May 1, 2018.

WOW! I did not know that. Looks like I got some reading to do.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Putting the license plate on the rear bumper is also a bad move because most after market bumpers will not specifically allow for this and the plate will end up bolted to the face of the bumper as an after thought. Ideally the aftermarket will offer a body mount in the old location.

I did not notice the license plate on the bumper. That is a good point. I'm sure the aftermarket will take care of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online