Jonnie's FJ Cruiser Build

cruzinwyo

Observer
I have owned the FJC since Turkey Day '06. I roam this site like crazy but really to just see what amazing trips folks have been on. Figured I would share my build.
I use it for Weekend Adventures around AZ, but a 6 week trek/expo upto AK is in the works. It is my Backpack on wheels.

The day I picked it up:
StockSide1-1.jpg

Current Platform:
IMG_2482a-1.jpg

FJCruiser TRD Edition
6 Speed MT
TRD Short Throw Shifter
TRD CAI
TRD Exhaust

16" TRD Rims
33" BFG Km2's

Expedition One Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Master Pull Synthetic Line
Hella Angel Eye Fog Lights
Kragen 4" HID's

Toyota Sliders
ManAFre Skid Plates

P5040728.jpg

Icon VD Remote Reservoir Shocks
Icon 3" Coils
Light Racing UCA
ManAFre Rear Links w/skids

Bulldogcanyon309.jpg

Gobi Stealth Roof Rack
4 Hella FF50 Lights (front)
2 Hella FF75 Lights (rear)
HiLift and Pulaski/Shovel Mounts
Gobi Ladder
Sherpak 15 Roof Bag
2 Scepter Fuel Cans
2 Blitz Water Cans (7 gal)

Pioneer Avic D3 Stereo
Cobra 25 CB
Dell mounted to Jeniko mount, with DeLorme Topo and Street,and complete Toyota Service manual
Full compliment of recovery tools (shackles, snatch block, etc)
Coleman Fridge

_MG_2665.jpg

And a great plate for AZ!
_MG_2626.jpg

To come:
ARB Fridge
Rear Storage Box
Dual Battery
Rear Bumper
Mudflaps
Snorkel

FireGuy

Adventurer
How do you like the KM2's? Are they 255/85/16's? Also, how has the Gobi rack worked out for you?

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Hey Jonnie, good to see you over here on ExPo! You have one of my favorite FJs and it just keeps getting better. Great pics! I'd like to hear more about your Alaska trip, sounds like a good one. Hope to see you out on a trail or event sometime soon.

cruzinwyo

Observer
How do you like the KM2's? Are they 255/85/16's? Also, how has the Gobi rack worked out for you?

Km2's are great!

The Gobi rack was the first upgrade I did....and still the best! Worth every penny. The mesh floor is very practical. The height is perfect for a roof rack that is not put to use very day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully I'll get some pics of trips this winter, if work ever slows down I'll be out exploring new areas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a camping trip from a couple weeks back on the Mogollon Rim, AZ:

_MG_2723.jpg

_MG_2687.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for any who wonder- I am not a fan of the Roof Top tent. I know it looks cool and is really easy to set up. I am one who likes to get set up a camp and then go explore from there. Setting up a tent/camp and leaving it behind while out capturing photos of sunsets or wildlife is more my style.

I have Kelty Villa 4- Great tent with tons of room for 2 people and 2 dogs. Setup takes just a few minutes.
Tent.jpg

and I'm a firm believer of eating well in the field! I use a Coleman Stove and the campfire....like everyone else!
Breakfast.jpg

hikingff77

Adventurer
Very nicely done. I do love the FJ's just hate the small backseat.

My brother has one and I love the thing, no new truck for me anytime soon.

cruzinwyo

Observer
Very nicely done. I do love the FJ's just hate the small backseat. My brother has one and I love the thing, no new truck for me anytime soon.
Yeah the backsite airplane window experience is not so great. That's why I drive.

So many great rigs in AZ...
Yes there are!

Very nice! You have an eye for great shots with your camera! Keep it coming! ;)
Thanks. The photo end of it is my passion and why I get out!

Beautiful rig. Non-member of AZFJ?
Thanks and Yeppers---> TRDjonnie

Hey Jonnie, good to see you over here on ExPo! You have one of my favorite FJs and it just keeps getting better. Great pics! I'd like to hear more about your Alaska trip, sounds like a good one. Hope to see you out on a trail or event sometime soon.
I do need to get out more! Seems the weekend carnage adventures are not always my cup of tea. Hopefully something will come out of the Expo site.

That second picture ("current platform"), looks amazing. Great job.
Thanks. My favorite Pic as well.

Real Nice FJ. The all Black is killer.
I agree! I waited for them to come out and than waited a month for it to come in.

Very nice! Best TRD FJ i've seen.
Thanks!

saweet build....
Cheers!

wikid

Adventurer
Jonnie
Good to see you here. Let me know when you want to plan a run. I had fun the last time we went out, even if I lost a front coilover (Thanks again for the hookup). Did you read about Desoto Next week? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31215 There have been a few cancellation. It would be fun to have you along. May be there is room for one more.
Your truck is sharp and your photography is even better
thanks
Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78