Just bought a 2020 LC Heritage and I love it!

LCHeritage

Hey everyone, first post here from proud new owner. Got mine in Blizzard Pearl (I’m in Texas) and was so relieved I didn’t have to get the rear seat tv screens or third row seats since I don’t have little ones. No console fridge (really?). If you can believe it, this is my first new Toyota purchase. The sales guy was blown away. I told him yep - This is my first one!

So why this vehicle? I’ve had Jeeps (LJ, WK2) and trucks (F150). I’m not a hardcore off roader but appreciate the capability to venture off pavement to places I probably shouldn’t be. It’s got history. Arguably few brands can match the story of the LC. It’s heirloom quality. This thing is built to last and perhaps that is what drew me in. It’s palpable. Everything is durable and seemingly over engineered. It’s designed (so I’ve heard) for a multi decade service life in places where there aren’t what we would call roads. It’s got legit cred. It’s not trying to be something - it just is. It’s an evolution of a concept that has improved with time. It’s capable. Yeah, I dig it.

What else? Well if you buy a new car every 7-10 years at $30k (uhh what car?) paying $93k for a vehicle that will last decades doesn’t seem like a crazy proposition. I’ve read many times here that owners pick up 10+ year old models with xxx thousand miles that are good as new! So I figure this one is a keeper and I really like that idea.

Crawl around under it and continue to be impressed. Key items are tucked away out of harms reach, everything is beefy. Anyway, I’ve digressed to rambling. Thanks for reading this far. I’m happy to provide feedback and appreciate the knowledge pool here!

LCHeritage

Thanks! I think I’m going to keep it mostly stock for a while and get to know her as she is before starting the mods. My main concern is how to get more fuel on board so may explore a long range tank. My F150 had a 36 gallon tank, which made a big difference in range.

GHI

Adventurer
Congratulations. Nice ride. I like your perspective on cost. Although in my circle your numbers are off. These guys rarely keep a vehicle 4-5 yrs. Drives me nuts.

GHI

Adventurer
Thanks! 4-5 years? Well then I feel even better!
Let’s just say I got a screaming deal on a 1 year old Yukon back in 2001. I didn’t know about LC’s back then.

Edit: the LC was a serious contender on my latest purchase after I said goodbye to the Yukon, but I needed something I could flat tow.

LCHeritage

Haha yeah your gain on the Yukon! On the flat tow - I’m surprised there isn’t a neutral disconnect. Seems odd on a vehicle like this. My GC had that capability.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Haha yeah your gain on the Yukon! On the flat tow - I’m surprised there isn’t a neutral disconnect. Seems odd on a vehicle like this. My GC had that capability.
That irritates the heck out of me, too. My Tacoma has an electronic shift transfer case and why there's no neutral is beyond me. I'd just prefer a good old floor stick personally in any case.

That thing looks fantastic. I really like the wheels. Think about whether or not you really need the basket. They look cool and are handy, but they create a lot of wind noise.

LCHeritage

Thanks and funny you say that about the basket - I’ve already taken it off. With no third row there’s so much room for gear back there I doubt I’ll need it. Now fuel...that’s the limiting factor I can see now. This thing is thirsty!

RAW

Thanks and funny you say that about the basket - I’ve already taken it off. With no third row there’s so much room for gear back there I doubt I’ll need it. Now fuel...that’s the limiting factor I can see now. This thing is thirsty!
I have a 2019 and I had the 12.5 LRA tank installed at the time of purchase. One of the best mods I have done so far.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Congrats! I had the opportunity to coordinate the launch party for the new Heritage here in SLC. We had a fleet of Heritage 200’s. I wanted a 16+ badly, now I want a Heritage!

GHI

Adventurer
I’m trying to get back to being social so I don’t want to use Google. What’s the Heritage Edition all about. Is it just the rear seat tv delete and no 3rd row seating? Cliff notes version will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan