Just dreamin'

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
I was just playing around with paint and decided this looked pretty cool.

TJcamper2s.jpg

Obviously not the most street friendly vehicle. But it would be a hell of a lot of fun to go here with it (Glacier in Yukon, AK):

whereiwanttogoinalaska.jpg

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
It'd be a blast to build.

Tube frame, Sheetmetal/ insulated sides, ford ranger stepside hard tonneau for the pop top.

Would be fun! :victory:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I like NOMAD's full hard top type. What would be real cool would be to rig up some sort of rear slide out like on big motorhomes, then you could have room for a full length bed inside.

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
I like NOMAD's full hard top type. What would be real cool would be to rig up some sort of rear slide out like on big motorhomes, then you could have room for a full length bed inside.

The earthroamer is much, much more expensive though.

You should check out my build thread. I have something similar to what you're talking about. It's not a slide out but i do have a full length bed inside my TJ.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
That does sound cool, you have a link-a-dink that your build thread? Hans Reiser (of the Reiser FS (*nix guys know it)) claimed to have been living in his Honda Civis CRX at the time his wife was mysteriously murdered. So if a guy can live in a CRX, then there is no doubt someone else could camp in a TJ.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

I agree, that'd be pretty cool. I like full hardtop, too.

nbleak21

Adventurer
I've had this exact same thought...

...and brennan, where's the link to your build? would love to see that as well!

TOTJ

Adventurer
Not a new Idea bit I would love to see you build it.

JeepCJ5Camper_5.jpg

PS. I love the kids ridding up in the cab over

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
Its not a jeep but its pretty darn close!

Hah! That is pretty darn close! A little tall but it could be hacked to fit.

And i tried to put a link to my little thread in my sig. Don't know if it worked or not.

and TOTJ, that thing is rad. I wish people still had the means to produce things like that nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online