Just got my XJ....

Lewybrewing

Observer
So after months of looking and looking I found my new XJ project. It is a 96 Country, 8.5 rear diff, NP-231.

It was a one owner, old lady truck. The best part is I got it for 2,000 bux. Right now it has 120,000 miles on it. I have the full service history from a Jeep dealer here in San Diego. I spent the last 2 weeks cleaning it up getting it ready.

I have a 4 inch lift planned and 31x10.5's planned and some minor mods. Just want to keep it simple for camping etc. It will not be driven very often as I have a company car.

Working on Pix

Lewy

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Sweet... I have two 96 Sport's, and I love em. Welcome to the Portal, and good luck with the build! You also should check out NAXJA.org for some really good info on XJ's.

This is my baby, the other is my [stock] daily driver.

DSCN1252.jpg

Lewybrewing

Observer
I have almost read the entire site at this point. I also look at JU and I had a well built 96 ZJ in the past. Feels great to have one again. And the best part is it is paid for unlike the Jeeps I have had in the past. I added it to my insurance and it was 26.00 a month for full coverage.

troy

Adventurer
If you haven't already been there, www.naxja.org is the definitive resource for any possible XJ question.

I still prefer the expo, but naxja is a great vehicle specific resource.

Lewybrewing

Observer
I have almost read the entire site at this point. I also look at JU and I had a well built 96 ZJ in the past. Feels great to have one again. And the best part is it is paid for unlike the Jeeps I have had in the past. I added it to my insurance and it was 26.00 a month for full coverage.

Faol

Observer

Wow. $26? I have a great driving record with no tickets, on a 94 XJ Country and my insurance is $400/6 mos...and that isn't full coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger