Jwood70's '03 Xterra

Jwood70

Observer
So, I jumped ship into a 1st gen X. It is a 1 family vehicle, 5 speed 4x4. Bought it with 118,750 miles for a pretty good price. It needs the basic maintenance associated with buying a used vehicle (tcase, trans, f/r diff fluid coming next pay check along with front brake service). I will eventully do a PML with shocks, tires (when I drive these up), auxiliary lighting front and rear (mainly rear), replacing rusty 12 year old parts in the process and recovery points (P&P in the back and retrofitting something in the front).

I'd say that the body is 7/10 and the interior is 8.5/10. There is some rust in the suspension (shocks mainly) and on the rear bumper. I will be painting the axles and frame as I work on and replace the parts.

Pictures:
Day 1, got it home and washed up (then it rained of course)

First nice day off work, found some tall grass to drive in

And my 1st 2 mods, LED interior lights and re-purposed seat covers from my truck last and a TJ first
White LEDs in front...

Red in the cargo area

Year: 2003
Model: Xterra
Drive train: 4x4
Transmission: 5 speed
Mileage: 119,200
Colour: Black
Tire Size: Stock sized a/s tires
Modifications: rear sway delete
Current Location: Knightdale, NC

Do-do list:
Replace fluids-
Brake service-
PML-
Replace shocks-
Front/rear lights-
Recovery points-
Rusty parts replacement-

Last edited:

Jwood70

Observer
Thanks man, your X is one that I read through the build start to finish a few times.
I've really liked the look of Xterra's since they came out and when I started looking for a replacement, I knew what I wanted. It's clean and unmolested. But I have a long way to go to get what I want done.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Sweet!

Those first gen Xterras are pretty cool. Those seat covers go with the interior colors really well. Cool thing about these rigs is they are super easy to modify. Lifting them is fairly cheap if you do it right.

Jwood70

Observer
Sweet!

Those first gen Xterras are pretty cool. Those seat covers go with the interior colors really well. Cool thing about these rigs is they are super easy to modify. Lifting them is fairly cheap if you do it right.

That what I was thinking on the seat covers. Who would have ever thought that TJ seat covers would stretch to fit a Xterra. I am planning a PML, but want to get all of my mantanence done first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179