K5 - Blazer / Hallmark Camper Combo build

ajmaudio

Adventurer
List of first stage mods

Add 12v usb plugs to inside of camper ( not a single one currently)

Solar- Trying to get the old 2 Way fridge to live off electrical - Ordered Renogy 100 watt Eclipse kit- More on this debacle later

Froli Sleep system- Have this in the box from other campers not installed yet- I know so foofy- But We camp more than your average bear

Troubleshoot the fridge, heater, and water system.

Trying to run a 2 way off solar will be frustrating.... your powering a very very hungry heating element. Better off sticking to gas or getting an efficient compressor driven cooler like an engel etc. It will use a fraction of the power and cooler better faster. If the fridge had been well cared for it should do ok on gas.. make sure the exhaust stack is clean..

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Wow awesome enjoy the hell out of it . Sounds like po was a great guy and I'm sure he would have loved it going to someone that will enjoy it

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
2 magic erasers and some water later we had this baby shining like 1992!
lRfknySl.jpg

Gear finds
eaF91c8l.jpg

Recently I had purchased the Froli sleep system but never got around to installing it in our Granby. ( sleeping with this system is a dream and well worth the investment) Most camper bed cushions SUCK. You don't have the room to swap out for one of those nice plush memory foam ones from Amazon. No condensation, no heat buildup, and no sore hips!

iMjDJLQl.jpg

6TNgYbDl.jpg

oeJlRrNl.jpg

Yes- I only take pictures and do very little work.. Its called balance

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Getting it home and starting the clean up - clean out and prep for a shake down run to Huntington Beach for Suzy's birthday
gnLxjgz.jpg

Look at all this clean and beautiful goodness! The book shows the engine received a complete overhaul at 72,000 miles 2 years ago. Nothing in the history indicates it was needed. Perhaps it was for the last HOORAH. Sadly the PO passed away 2 years and 10,000 miles later.
41F2Y88.jpg

Wow! That's a clean truck!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
2 magic erasers and some water later we had this baby shining like 1992!
lRfknySl.jpg

Gear finds
eaF91c8l.jpg

Recently I had purchased the Froli sleep system but never got around to installing it in our Granby. ( sleeping with this system is a dream and well worth the investment) Most camper bed cushions SUCK. You don't have the room to swap out for one of those nice plush memory foam ones from Amazon. No condensation, no heat buildup, and no sore hips!

iMjDJLQl.jpg

6TNgYbDl.jpg

oeJlRrNl.jpg

Yes- I only take pictures and do very little work.. Its called balance

The truck looks great as does your helper! Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Fires canceled fireworks in town so what better way to spend the 4th of July then rebuilding a Dana 44! It has been a while since I have played the Napa guess my part game. As I search for parts and components I can't help but hear Johnny Cash playing...

The axle is supposed to be a 77 K-20 dana 44. While looking through the box of "parts" trying to identify what-is-what so I can order new replacement parts. I try to make sense of the parts and after many forums, Youtube videos it dawns on me.. Did this silly thing have full-time hubs? This would explain the lack of some parts and the abundence of others.
jdhBdbwl.jpg

A roll of Blue Rags and 2 cans of cleaner later we have rotors ready for Napa
pbXprVDl.jpg

On order- bearings, seals, calipers, pads, axle seals, Warn hubs.
CWz3dlQl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior