KAM Ring and Pinion Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagger

Explorer
Justin
I'm going to ignore that comment. Now that the congrats are over, let's move on. Since it appears that no one is really interested in anything but name calling, I guess it is up to us to start the discussion. As I noted in my second post, I have absolutely no problem competing with you. I'll summarize my first post as such: I have a much broader product line, a higher quality product line, a lot more experience, more technical knowledge, better prices and I can back all of that up. What do you have to say to that my fellow competitor?

Bill
GBR
I don't know either business or individual, but I do know KAM.

To be honest, right up until the above comment, I had thought the other posters were being unduly harsh, reading something into the thread something that had not been there (or I had blindly missed). I have seen waspish behavious on forums before where a mass of members have swarmed on one individual for the slightest of reasons. However, that comment cost you my sympathy and respect, and I suspect many others who
shared my ignorance of the characters or history involved.

What I do know is that logical and measured rebuttals from business owners are associated with high quality businesses who care about their customers, while oafish, arrogant and agressive rants are more frequently associated with companies who have a long list of dissatified customers, at least that's how it works on this side of the Atlantic.

The breadth of stock is not indicative of quality of the parts, as Paddocks Spares bear testament to (almost exclusively Britpart rubbish), nor is it indicative of good customer service, as John Craddock prove. Years of experience is not all that is required, though it is a useful ingredient - I have colleagues and managers with more years than me in my position, yet they have no idea of what they are doing and I (and others) have nothing but my contempt for their "professonal standards". The most important thing about making sure a business is good is attitude.

Last edited:

muskyman

Explorer
Snagger

You have read between the lines very well.

And as this unfolds again and again links will show up and the long established attitude will come out yet again.

It is really sad in the end because you can remove Justin and his new enterprise and replace him with a number of others and the story never changes. Bill is right and everybody else is wrong, they are all poor bussiness men and have no knowledge of the rover market and the parts they sell are all of lessor quality and inferior design and material...yada yada yada:rolleyes:

The good news is everytime it unfolds the community gets to look behind the curtain and see that the great and powerful Oz is just a man and that most of what you see and hear is just smoke and mirrors.

Thom

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Wow !

Justin I just left you a message about some X Engineering parts but realized you are probably on the way to Rousche Creek for that event.

Geo14cux

Adventurer
Seek some mental help Bill. Your just bitter cuz people are taking your venders {like you did to Keith}----KAM, Ashcroft, x-eng yatta yatta. Now the shoe is on the other foot..
The days of the great OZ are over.....:bowdown:
Hey how are the red x's? You must sell alot of those.
Oh ya you"ll respond to that later like 10 years from now....

Seems to me that you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
I don't think the folks here consider themselves bottom of the barrel.

Mike_rupp

Adventurer
Bill, please go back and reread your Oxford dictionary. This is not a public forum. An example of a public forum is standing in a public place and engaging in a discussion. This is most definitely a private forum where the public is invited in but must follow the rules that are in place by the owners of the forum.

Bill, please continue to post why you are clearly superior to everyone else in the Land Rover vendor community.

Justin, don't take the bait from Bill. Focus on adding selection and availability, competitive pricing, and communicate that to the marketplace and you will have a successful business. You will continue to make Bill a grumpier and grumpier old man who will rest on his laurels and belittle people that don't beg to do business with him. He is entitled to be the king.

Connie

Day walker, Overland Certified OC0013
Well put Mike, this is a private forum and yes we do have rules about vendors actively marketing their products. The reason that vendors do not have to identify themselves is that we have several that are quite capable of sharing their wealth of information and participating in discussions without self promoting.

So I would suggest that any vendor that wishes to extol the virtues of their superior product become a forum sponsor. Be warned however that doing this will not protect said vendor from the scrutiny of the forum members.

This thread is now locked.

Have a lovely day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12