Kamp Kitchn

grimbo

Explorer
It does not start with an "H", it starts with a "C", but not the "C" everyone knows and loves. It's buried in the deepest bowels of the internet in the oddest place. A place only nerds venture. It looks pretty promising, but I'm really turned off by the weight if thats correct. Especially if thats dry weight. We'll see.

You know I'd buy one of those Kamp Kitchn's off you in a heartbeat. I love that thing. The several times I've had the pleasure of using it I've been nothing but impressed.

so, what ever happened?

SRN

Adventurer
so, what ever happened?

Got one response from the guy and never heard from him again, which was dissapointing. It was a Seadam, the guy had told me Ceadam, but the Internet told me the correct spelling. I had asked the guy to send me some pictures, never heard back after several attempts. Oh well. I'll keep looking for a Kamp Kitchn until Kurt decideds to sell me one of his. For now I'm pretty happy with my Coleman 425F and vintage Chef Trays.

ssssnake529

Explorer
Here are some pictures of mine: (Kurt converted it to run modern propane cylinders) . It holds pretty much everything I need to cook for 6 people. It's amazing how much stuff fits into the various shelves and nooks.

2 titanium pots with lids, small dutch oven, coffee pot, 6 rectangular plates (original) 6 squishy bowls, 6 squishy cups, 8 sporks, griddle for the double burner, knives, large folding cutting board, utinsels, spices, towels, soap, etc, etc.

I keep telling Kurt he needs to get some modern Kamp Kitchns made, using a modern propane stove burner design. He'd sell every one of them inside a month.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...I keep telling Kurt he needs to get some modern Kamp Kitchns made, using a modern propane stove burner design. He'd sell every one of them inside a month...

Officially in the works :D

Glad your loving your KK, I've really come to love mine.

cruiseroutfit

Really? Please tell us more. Christmas is coming up...

Christmas of 2012 is more appropriate :D

We have sourced or identified sources for some of the needed goods and SLC has some fabulous sheet metal outfits that we can source the casings components from. The bag (as shown in Kai's pic above) will be changed up a bit too, our source for those is very willing to continue helping us get them 'just right'. Kai's bag is a second iteration, I think if anything we might move handles, tie-downs, etc? As a convinced user Kai has been a great source of feedback, while I might have been busy under your Cruiser Kai, I was taking mental notes of our conversation re: utensils, pots, etc.

ssssnake529

Explorer
Christmas of 2012 is more appropriate :D

We have sourced or identified sources for some of the needed goods and SLC has some fabulous sheet metal outfits that we can source the casings components from. The bag (as shown in Kai's pic above) will be changed up a bit too, our source for those is very willing to continue helping us get them 'just right'. Kai's bag is a second iteration, I think if anything we might move handles, tie-downs, etc? As a convinced user Kai has been a great source of feedback, while I might have been busy under your Cruiser Kai, I was taking mental notes of our conversation re: utensils, pots, etc.

When you finally get it made, you should call it the "Kruiser Kitchn"

Put me down for one. I'll buy one just in case something ever happens to the one I've got.

rtduckie

i know this post is old but i just bought one of these at a flea market yesterday, way cool, but i do need to convert it to propane, anyone know what i've got to do to get this done?thanks

cruiseroutfit

i know this post is old but i just bought one of these at a flea market yesterday, way cool, but i do need to convert it to propane, anyone know what i've got to do to get this done?thanks

Thanks for chiming in. I posted pics of my conversion here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/14117-Kamp-Kitchn?p=355467#post355467

I did a similar albeit cleaner swap on ssssnake529's KK. I use a modified regulator assembly, build the bracket out of aluminum and rivet it using the original rivet holes and modify the gas orfice. I'll reply to your email with some more info. Post some pics if you get a minute and if you decide to sell it for one reason or another, give me the first hack if you would, I'm wanting to try something new with my next unit and could use a stocker to start with :D

cruiseroutfit

This guy is an engineer who makes all different types of valves to refill original gas cylinders, or to adapt to different cylinder fittings.

I've bought two sets of valve adapters and they're superb quality.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refill-Adaptor-For-Coleman-Vintage-LP-G-Cylinders-/370630617007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564b4e67af

Hey that is cool. Though I don't think we get the other cylinders here in the states either? Fwiw while running off of the original canister would be neat, they lack volume and I think the 1lb bottles really are the ideal way to go. Now if your trying for a true restored piece of camp equipment, by all means run the vintage canister :cool:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: This one I've had for 6 years and is really priceless-

It's a kitchen set for (4) plates/knives/forks/cups/glasses/salt/pepper/SS thermos/bowls/napkins and a 10 pc SS knife set for EVERYTHING

IMGP0643-2.jpg

Can'tbeatit

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan