Kennesaw Mountain - Rear Bumpers

valkyrie

Adventurer
Based on my experience with Kyle, I could never recommend KMA to anyone. Absurd wait time, shoddy workmanship and piss-poor service. Never did recoup all my money back from that fiasco.

I was not alone in my problems with KMA. Do a search on most any board (TTORA, YotaTech, Tundra Solutions, almost any Ford, Chevy or Nissan off-road board) and you will find out they have been doing shoddy work for years. The constant supply of new suckers to the internet seems to be keeping his business alive... the low price draws 'em in, but there are wayyyy to many reputable suppliers of quality parts to have to take the risk of dealing with a shiftless hack.

Support the sponsors here and you should not be disappointed.

RakkasanFA

Observer
I suppose it is all in your experience or maybe things have changed recently. I went and had my KMA installed on my 07 Frontier in August. Kyle was friendly and I thought the bumper turned out really nice. I would have no problems ordering from him again. I am sorry to hear of the bad experiences.

I DID however wait nearly four months for a Shrockworks bumper before cancelling the order. Lots of broken promises, etc. My situation may have been unique though.....

valkyrie

Adventurer
RakkasanFA said:
I suppose it is all in your experience or maybe things have changed recently. I went and had my KMA installed on my 07 Frontier in August. Kyle was friendly and I thought the bumper turned out really nice. I would have no problems ordering from him again. I am sorry to hear of the bad experiences.

I DID however wait nearly four months for a Shrockworks bumper before cancelling the order. Lots of broken promises, etc. My situation may have been unique though.....
Same story- if you are there in person, he seems to act okay and makes things right.

If you order online and he believes that personal contact is unlikely, you will get fawked around.

This behavior has been well documented over the years....

zolo

Explorer
There is no doubt many negatives to KMA customer service. I know this better than anyone since Ive know Kyle and wheeled with him for over 9 years.
As for the bumpers the only way to get exactly what you want is to be very specific in writing if you can, and it is much easier for the locals.
He has built several bumpers for me and I have built my own at his shop.
The big thing is to tell him and be very specific and say it over and over agian, he may be a jerk but we are all grow here and if you cant take a salty welder then your in the wrong sport. That being said he does need to make an effort sometimes.
Hell Iv know him for a long time and he has messd up bumpers for me.
All in all you get what you pay for and if you dont mind making the small final touches and dont mind the salty additude they are OK bumpers, but no doubt he is not good with people, that much I agree with.
One of those you got to get and know him then things are cool.
cool doesnt mean good or bad..... just cool.

toy_tek

Adventurer
Miss R2FJ said:

IRBIS

I have one, it is a nice unit. I got mine secondhand, and since then looked at many other designs, I think the Irbis design is one of the strongest in terms of mounting, flex, etc. I've thoroughly tested (abused) it and it is holding up strong. Looks tough too!

The ONLY change I would suggest, is to make the spare tire mounting plate 1/4" instead of 3/16". And I'm sure if someone mentioned that to Irbis he'd think "******", but mine got all bent up and mangled when my truck slid backwards off a waterfall and the spare smacked a large rock (see first pic). Lesson learned: take the spare tire off if there is any chance the truck will land on it. Anyway, I cut that plate off and made a new one out of 1/4" plate.

9.jpg

5.jpg

MinersRevenge03-08-08100.jpg

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
111db said:
IRBIS

I have one, it is a nice unit. I got mine secondhand, and since then looked at many other designs, I think the Irbis design is one of the strongest in terms of mounting, flex, etc. I've thoroughly tested (abused) it and it is holding up strong. Looks tough too!

The ONLY change I would suggest, is to make the spare tire mounting plate 1/4" instead of 3/16". And I'm sure if someone mentioned that to Irbis he'd think "******", but mine got all bent up and mangled when my truck slid backwards off a waterfall and the spare smacked a large rock (see first pic). Lesson learned: take the spare tire off if there is any chance the truck will land on it. Anyway, I cut that plate off and made a new one out of 1/4" plate.

MinersRevenge03-08-08100.jpg

Yah, but it can't handle much abuse! You doing all those easy trails.
At what is that weirdo guy doing in that pic above on the right. Is he a flamingo, standing on one leg!

(for everyone else, just kidding above. I'm absolutely impressed with Irbis. Stout as heck. All around great stuff.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman