Kid Carrier Recommendations

SlowCarFast

We've been very happy with our Deuter Kid Comfort I. Less storage space than the II or III but still carries quite well and it seemed comfortable for our son, he often took a nap in the carrier. We used it on a bunch of hikes when we were in colorado last summer. I got a 2010 closeout model from rei outlet online before our trip. They were also running a coupon deal so I ended up buying for about half the regular price. It's worth noting that the deuter models don't come with a sun shade/rain cover like some of the other brands do. It has to be purchased separately at additional cost, although I think it is a valuable addition.

Awkragt

Adventurer
We have used the kelty for a while. It is nice and light for the time we have spent in Utah, Colorado, and Arizona. It has a nice mesh back to it. I've found it had just enough room for a solid day hike without having so much space it gets overloaded. The kid is already 25 lbs so you don't really want to add that much more food water and gear. I think it's the kelty 1.0.
P1020727.jpg

86tuning

Adventurer
We picked this used Kelty up off of craigslist about a year and a half ago.

That is the best place to shop for baby gear. Everyone buys new stuff, then sell it after 6mo when the kiddos are too big to fit.

I've gotten most of my 'recreational' or occasional use kids gear from CL. Buy it, use it, sell it again. Just usually needs a quick cleaning when you buy it, and you can use it for free! I'm not usually thrifty with stuff, but when there's one income feeding a wife, two kids, and two dawgs, I like to save where I can.

Anything that I use daily (car kid seats, strollers, etc) I buy new.

Storz

Explorer
Craigslist is great. We picked up a $300 Kelty jogger today that looks brand new off CL for $80!

41be9228-ea82-21b3.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

wyomingriviera

We had a Dueter kid comfort that I used twice. It worked fine, but holds the kids up and away from my center of gravity, making the load seem twice as heavy. My sister turned us onto the ergo baby...waaaaay more comfy, lighter carrying, lighter weight.

I really wanted to like the heavy duty frame backpack better, and was totally skeptical of the ergo baby, but after walking 50 yards with it, I was sold! Dueter just got sold on eBay in "as new" condition!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior