Kinky 100 Series

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
Hey Team - I've got a slight kink in my frame that I've never really worried about but I really want to get my spare out of the cargo area and my current bumper cover is sagging. Is there anyone in the SW USA that could potentially help with this problem? I'll contact BIOR, 4x4 Labs, and Dissent but they're all about 12 hours away from PHX. Any quick fix for this? It's right in front of the spare tire carrier.
IMG_7841.jpg

tgreenwood75

Am I viewing this correctly that it is the hitch/receiver frame which bolts to the rearmost area of the vehicle frame? In other words, it appears that the hitch was overloaded and cantilevered to create a bend in the boxed frame?

If so and you do not need the hitch, couldn't you remove the receiver, buy some c-channel steel with an ID that matches the OD of the frame and simply sleeve that area of the frame? Then if you replace the bumper and need to bolt anything to that frame section you may need to drill and tap the sleeve & frame. I would probably build a matching sleeve for the other side as well, especially if it affects the bumper height.

I am not in the Southwest, just tossing out ideas and trying to wrap my head around it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online