Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

jimchan66

Chuckbox Plans

Lupinsea, I really like your chuckbox and believe it would be a great project and addition to my camping gear. Have you started selling plans for your chuckbox yet? If not would it be possible to get a copy of the CAD file you used to make your panels? I have a friend with a CNC machine.

jeepovich

Explorer
Here is my little field kitchen

2012-03-04_07-53-51_196.jpg2012-05-13_17-58-10_429.jpg2012-05-13_18-01-53_898.jpg2012-07-04_11-34-23_186.jpg2012-07-04_11-34-42_901.jpg2012-07-04_13-05-52_552.jpg2012-07-04_13-10-02_982.jpg:chef: And this is chef's little helper

All the hardware like stove,gas tanks,pots and kettle fit inside the chuck box. Will post picks with all gear packed up later on.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
cool setup :) curious what the two thumb screws hold or do on each side ?

is that rear shelf thing a jeep thing that fits a certain way or is it kinda generic ? looks like it kinda has a ledge maybe ? which could be handy ;) any links to it or did you make it ?

jeepovich

Explorer
The folding table is from http://www.offroadevolution.com And it can be mounted upside down as well. It supports a human weight in both configurations.

If you mean by " thumb screws" the " c " clamps , they hold the chuck box lid closed and latched. One on each side, at the top of the box. When camping I sleep inside the jeep 2012-02-11_17-14-19_546.jpg2012-02-11_17-15-43_729.jpg I take the chuck box and cooler (when my girl comes along)out . Those "c" clamps prevent any animals from getting into the chuck box.

Last edited:

jeepovich

Explorer
Oh.. those are to mount legs to the box. If you look on the right side, next to water bottle are the legs.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
ahhh how did the legs turn out ? are they stable any pics ;)

great idea for that :)

jeepovich

Explorer
Sorry , I don't have any pics with legs on.I got something better:) . Here is the link to the folks that made it. http://www.camping-boxes.com/Catalog/Classic-chuck-box.cfm
They are very sturdy when pushing down on the box, but have side to side rocking when pushing the box sideways. I ended up never using the legs. I find cooking more comfortable with the box inside the truck , next to the stove. One of my jerry can carriers holds 10l water can with a fossett at the bottom. That way I have my stove,gravity fed water and box's lid for food preparation all in the same area:chef:

P.S. The "fuel storage" holds 3 cans or in my case 2 cans and a pot.

Bon appetit :chowtime:

Last edited:

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Sorry , I don't have any pics with legs on.I got something better:) . Here is the link to the folks that made it. http://www.camping-boxes.com/Catalog/Classic-chuck-box.cfm
They are very sturdy when pushing down on the box, but have side to side rocking when pushing the box sideways. I ended up never using the legs. I find cooking more comfortable with the box inside the truck , next to the stove. One of my jerry can carriers holds 10l water can with a fossett at the bottom. That way I have my stove,gravity fed water and box's lid for food preparation all in the same area:chef:

P.S. The "fuel storage" holds 3 cans or in my case 2 cans and a pot.

Bon appetit :chowtime:

http://www.camping-boxes.com/Catalog/Classic-chuck-box.cfm
Hardly seems worth trying to build one yourself at that price!!! I have more than that in mine and I am only half done....
Oh well...I have the gratifacation of spending 20 hours in the garage making one...lol
Cheers
Eddy

jeepovich

Explorer
That's the reason I bought from them(him). Also I feel contributing to small company is something that this economy needs at this time. :1888fbbd:

Denise Noble

Not sure if anyone in this thread is interested, but I have a Campmate Camping Kitchen for sale. These are fairly rare but are excellent for safe storage for food and wares. Not as big as some of the setups on here but made from extremely durable plastic. PM me if you have any interest and I can send you some pics of what it looks like. Alternately there was one for sale in another thread around June on here and mine is exactly the same. Thanks

Heuschele

I have a Campmate Camping Kitchen for sale. These are fairly rare but are excellent for safe storage for food and wares. Not as big as some of the setups on here but made from extremely durable plastic.

How much do you want? Shipping probably makes it a poor choice for me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Denise Noble

DSCN0293.jpgDSCN0295.jpgDSCN0296.jpg

Looking to get $70, trying to offset a little for the cost of shipping. I am not sure what the shipping costs would be out to you but if you are interested I could sure find out. Thanks

UPS Shipping to the coast would be approx $55 for UPS ground as it is oversized.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears