KJ window issue

Dog Off Leash

Hey all

My first time on this forum, and it looks great!

I've got a question that I didn't find covered via the Search function:

I've got an 06 Liberty (4WD, power windows, etc) that's my primary vehicle. Now I don't have alot of mods done to it - K&N air filter, Westin bull guard & nerf bars, and a set of Hella 500's - and going off road isn't my main concern. The vehicle's been awesome so far.

Unfortunately I ran into a problem. My passenger side window won't go up/down under power. I can pull it up by hand, but it simply drops back down into the door.

From what I've discovered, this is a bit of a recurring problem with the KJ's.

Anybody else have this problem? How did you solve it?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Phil

frumpy

Explorer
I had it happen to my 06 as well (driver side back window). It was covered under warranty, the mech said its the first time he had seen anything like it. He said the cable that controls the power window "shattered".

phxtoad

Adventurer
Welcome. Also try LOSTKJS.com.

Window regulators are a huge issue with KJ's after '03. They started making them 'cheaper' and they just don't last. Worse still, the factory replacement is another 'cheap' unit. There are cures though - it might take some searching to nail it down.

Todd

tommudd

Explorer
Most of the ones that have gone bad at least LOST JEEPS memebers have been 06s for some reason, very few 02/03/04/05s but 06s are the main problem years.
The above places from what I have seen and heard are doing good in repairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12