Knee replacement - it's about time...

Ed B

Adventurer
First post on the site here and it's about knees! A replacement is in my future too. Had the regular cortizone shot yesterday and will start my third series on syn visc next month. Syn visc is pretty good stuff. Any weight you can take off will help the knee, so congrats on what you have achieved so far. It sounds like you have some pretty good doctors so continued good luck and progess towards getting your pain relieved.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Good Luck with the Synvisc guy's!

I was already past the point where it would be effective, but we tried it anyway. I felt great for about a week after the first injection, (probably due to the cortisone more than the gel) and within a month after the final shot was back to "normal".

Chuck,

The weight Battle will be just that - I like good food, and enjoy cooking too much. I've been looking at Weight Watchers as an aid. It appears I can still enjoy good food, just in smaller quantities, and I can deal with that...

ExpoMike

My doc has been very happy with my progress with Synvisc. My first treatment lasted 12 months and the second one 14 months. This is my third time so I am hoping to get about the same time span. It truly has increased my mobility and I have been more active in the last 2+ years then I had been in 10 previous.

Good luck with your replacement!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan