Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
SwiCago said:
My 2yr olds portable toilet ... LOL
web_vacation09_369-Photoshop.jpg

Oh nice. A DIY portable toilet system. Haha

SwiCago

Observer
Wow! I'm suprised you guys went all the way out to the singletrack portion along the river near Fish Ford. Those eroded spots are nightmarish as you get close to the river. We just finished this trail too, on mtn bikes.
Looks like a good time!

It was awesome..only two of us tried this portion. The Silver FJ in one of the pics got a third of the way and had to back out. I managed to make it through, but it was tough(good spotter).

Great shots! What was the starting point for this trip? I love that green FJC, looks wicked.

Thanks..we started near Grand Junction, CO...
The green OD linex'd rig is mine.. :sombrero:

Oh nice. A DIY portable toilet system. Haha

You've got to think inside the box :box: LOL

SwiCago

Observer
Where are these shots taken?

web_vacation09_101-Photoshop.jpg

This is the bypass route for the below pic.

web_vacation09_145-Photoshop.jpg

I can't seem to place them on the recognized Kokopelli trail?

This is a photo taken on a part that leads upto the point where you should turn around, because after this it becomes MntBike trails for a small section...unless you feel confident to wheel off-camber along the Colorado River and feel the need to wheel in a non-vehicular section.. We only went upto this point and then back tracked.
And to those of you that think this is not a trail...it is the original part. Other pics show clearly the trail leading in and out... and there is a by-pass route that was made probably years later due to the wash out, which requires to go up and over rocks (pic above).
This group was very Tread Lightly...all of us took out trash that was left behind by ************** that have no respect for the enviro or our trails. No off trail routes were taken.

Here is a repeat of the pic that clearly shows the trail leading into this obstacle.
web_vacation09_118-Photoshop.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
FWIW the section of single track is closed to full-size vehicles, not that it couldn't possible be done, just that the BLM has it closed on their motorized travel plan. I'll have to look at the maps a little closer on your bypass, I've seen it used in the past but as of the last RMP I don't think the BLM considers it official and it is a fairly new route. Would be cool if they did as it might add a bit more "dirt" to the trail. Do you have a tracklog or a GPS coordinate of the ledge in the first picture I posted? I can run that against the new RMP travel maps.

The "recognized" (I guess that all depends who you talk to) would be to turn off prior to the single track boundary (~ 1mile north of the Colorado River) and cross Cisco Wash, joining the highway (128) for ~ 3 miles until turning off west again on the Dome Plateau portion of the trail.

SwiCago

Observer
The "recognized" (I guess that all depends who you talk to) would be to turn off prior to the single track boundary (~ 1mile north of the Colorado River) and cross Cisco Wash, joining the highway (128) for ~ 3 miles until turning off west again on the Dome Plateau portion of the trail.

Exactly...this is where we back tracked too. I was not leading the group, so I did not have the map nor the GPS coords...I do know that we back tracked due to the wrong turn and due to the fact that we came to the point that it becomes single track and we did not wish to cause any damage to that part of the trail by trying to make it two track. We only stayed on trails that were clearly two track and marked with Kokopelli Arrows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger