Kootenay's Pro4X Frontier

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Okay now I'm jealous. I really like the ARB rear. Wish I had one. Can't wait to see pics of it installed, as well as all the other stuff! Should be a cool transformation.
Should have some pics up when I get the cover panel made, the piece of wood I am using right now is way to ghetto. The Hefty Sliders with the ARB rear look great.

Whoa Whoa hey now , back the truck up.....Rear ARB bumper?
I cant wait to see pic's of the rear ARB bumper, don't see to many of these installed.

Edit: I couldnt wait for pics and googled rear ARB bumper Nissan Frontier. Wow that is going to be awesome.
Looks like bumper wraps around the under the rear of the truck bed for protection.
I am feeling some bumper envy now.
It did everything I wanted in one bumper. It raised the receiver hitch height by almost 2", offers protection for the rear quarters, lowers the step height onto the bumper as well.

The Hefty sliders are amazing. Very well made, easy to install and beefy.

kootenay

I am not seeing the medium duty kits? All I seem to find is light or HD kits.
That could be a mater of wording. Like calling out trucks midsize as opposed to compact. When I ordered mine as "medium" duty the other option was heavy duty so light should be the same thing.

justbecause

perpetually lost
ARB has 3 spring rates for the front, only 2 for the rear.

TJM has more weight range options for rear springs.

justbecause

perpetually lost
If I could do it over again I woudlnt have wasted the time/money on an add-a-leaf. Its an expensive band-aid.

MNCarl

The Moose
Wow that ARB rear bumper looks super beefy , Again I like the fact that it protects the lower rear fender behind the rear wheel.
Just a thought leave the front bumper black ... it will match the rear bumper and your sliders and other black accents on the truck.

kootenay

That rear bumper looks spectacular! Where'd you buy from? Also, isn't there tread plate to cover the top of the bumper?

Thanks I am pretty happy with it as well. I bought it from Cap It in Cranbrook, they had it special ordered. It did come with a diamond plat tread for it, but I am not a fan of it. I am playing around with a few ideas, but so far I prefer the open look. Might just end up putting grip tape on the tube.

Wow that ARB rear bumper looks super beefy , Again I like the fact that it protects the lower rear fender behind the rear wheel.
Just a thought leave the front bumper black ... it will match the rear bumper and your sliders and other black accents on the truck.

I love the beef and protection that was why I ended up with it over the Shrockworks rear. Personally I think the Shrok rear is the best looking option, but I decided to let function win out. I agree with you on the black bumper option. I am going to try it out for now at least. I might even plastidip the roof rack black to see how that looks.

I am have the tracks mounted on the canopy now for the roof rack, and am just finishing the last few mods to get the load bars I wanted on it. I also am in the process of getting the winch setup to go into the bumper.

Last edited:

hovenator

Explorer
Truck is looking amazing! I am really jealous now.....time to get busy on my build. Personally I think the bumpers look awesome painted to match the body color, but black isn't bad either.

kootenay

Truck is looking amazing! I am really jealous now.....time to get busy on my build. Personally I think the bumpers look awesome painted to match the body color, but black isn't bad either.

I know what you are saying. Currently I am happy with the black, but that might change

Last edited:

kootenay

Mad rush to install the front bumper and winch and the Roof Top Tent before the family trip. Ended up removing the tent before the trip, because my family wanted to hotel it instead. The Yakima Sky Rise is pretty slick for a tent. Light and simply to install.
IMG_3325 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

IMG_3321 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

I need to trim the front bumper valence more, every big bump and it would hit the bumper. I also need to fab up a cover for the wiring but overall I am happy. I went with a 1/4turn kill switch for the winch in the engine bay. That way if the positive ever grounds out or something fails it is easy to turn off, instead of loosing the rig.

We managed to drive down to the Sand Lakes near Tillamook. Besides getting some great cheese (I am a huge fan of really aged white cheddar) I got to play in the sand a little. Being solo and with the family I didn't get to adventurous, or stuck.
IMG_3335 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

Driving along the beach was interesting, but I was worried about all the salt.
IMG_3333 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

My wife was really impressed with the views. The combination of the sky, shoreline cliffs in the distance and the European sand grass really unique.
IMG_3337 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan