L405 Range Rover

thewarhammer

I wouldn't normally make a thread about my own truck but I feel like as these things get slightly older, people may want to start actually using them. There really isn't that many people building or using L405's just yet. I am sure it will happen sooner or later. Instead of being driven to the mall or being valet parked, they can be used and are extremely capable.

About the truck:

2015 Supercharged with factory rear and center lockers. Got it with about 60k miles and within a couple weeks, started doing maintenance. All new control arms and end links were done within a couple weeks. Next up was the cross over pipes and every aspect of the cooling system. Spark plugs, coils, pcv valves. Trans filter and service, transfer case service, front and rear diff services. Really pretty much replaced everything I touched, I replaced to get this thing ready to tackle whatever I wanted to throw at it. After doing all the maintenance stuff and making sure it ran tip top, I started to get into the cool stuff.

While I had the supercharger off, I did the following:

-Velocity AP supercharger pulley
-Velocity AP crank pulley
-Velocity AP tune
-Mildly ported supercharger
-Superchargers online solid coupler
-Supercharger oil change
-Supersprint center section exhaust to stock mufflers (super quiet until you lay into it)
-K&N drop in filters

Needless to say, it truly transformed the truck and put it from the stock 510hp to about 625hp, maybe even a bit more. Not that I will ever need all of that power but at least it's there.

On top of all of that, I took the stock 21’s off and replaced them with factory 20’s with Cooper Rugged Trek tires. Used the gap IID tool to lift it a little bit. Put a front runner rack on it along with some maxtraxx in case I get it stuck doing something stupid, rotopax water jug in case I'm stranded and a front runner shovel to dig a hole. Considering this would mostly be used on the beach, I decided to put an ARB on board air compressor so when i come off the beach, I can air the tires right back up. Found a nice place to mount this where it is completely hidden in the trunk.

I wanted the truck to retain it’s factory appeal and almost be what Land Rover would have done if it had outfitted the truck with some kind of upgraded "off road" package while retaining the factory functionality. I really just wanted the truck to be able to do whatever I wanted it to do while sitting in a climate controlled, quiet cockpit with heated/cooled/massaging seats. I am really pumped with how it came out. I’m surely not done but for now, it does whatever I need it to do. It does that and more. Thanks for checking out the thread!

tempImageWrysnN.jpg

tempImageeedpN7.jpg

CDC87EAB-71C2-4500-8C44-443190322F61.JPG

tempImagezaN6r9.jpg

tempImageqTWce3.jpg

tempImagegoHH8l.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 12

DieselRanger

The very first road trip I took in my D5 was deep into the Laramie Range in Wyoming for the solar eclipse in 2017...it was less than a month old. Not another soul in sight. On the way out, we found ourselves behind a brand new temp-tagged full size Range Rover Autobiography, clambering over the same rocks and ruts and across the same streams we were on. It was beautiful. We shared a wave as he took off in a different direction at a junction.

If you're going to overland and drive offroad, might as well be in true comfort and style, says I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears