LA, Denver, Alaska, Inuvik and back - 5 months with a Land Cruiser FZJ80 (Pictures!)

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
Just read everything you have posted so far. I have been to most of the places and loved reading about your experience.

I very much enjoy the writeup and look forward to reading more.

In fact when I graduated from high school I went to Switzerland and traveled around mainly by hitchhiking in Switzerland, Austria and France. I did it with my friend who lived in Richterswil, near Zurich.

ishtheengineer

Awesome adventure man. Just bought a Fj80 and drooling over this tread. Going to go home and start working on it right away. Keep the excellent pictures coming man!

Ngneer

Observer
Awesome post man and welcome to our country come back anytime. Great write up had to say thanks and I'm just starting the 3rd page

hankincolorado

Excellent! This is the type of thread that keeps me coming back to the Portal each and every day... :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

JB87

Nice trip and awesome pictures! Are you going to post the Canada section soon too? Would be interested which route you did through Alberta/BC.

Last edited:
What an incredible journey. I'm glad you enjoyed Santa Barbara and Highway 1 on the coast - that's where I grew up! Definitely subscribing to this adventure.

klr2mato

Observer
Great thread/article. You should come back when you have a few months to spend between Mexican Hat and Moab. You would not believe all of the cliff dwellings and Anasazi ruins you drove right past. As an American it's hard for me to imagine how it must feel coming from a continent where you can drive across many countries in one day to a place where it's hard just to drive across one state in a day. Must be an awesome feeling.

Cent

Observer
Is there any chance that this thread will continue? I know I'm a bit late, but the read and the pictures were great!

nosedive

Observer
I recently realized that I never finished my trip report on ExPo. Shame on me and sorry to everyone who was following my trip and was waiting for updates.

I can't believe it's almost three years ago since I started this trip. It's amazing and quite frightening how fast time flies by..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears