Lagun table mount hack

Trail Talk

Just finished a little project that we're hoping will give dividends in terms of interior livability. When our unit was delivered, it came with the dining table mounted on a central pedestal.

pedestal mount.png

We immediately disliked the intrusion on our floor space from that darn post so a Lagun mount was quickly installed. This freed up the floor but revealed another dissatisfaction; our choice of table positions was limited by the Lagun's design. Although it could swivel in a full circle along the arc of its arm, the Lagun mount lacked the ability to move the table laterally. Adding that feature should gain a full range of positions when using the table as a table or extension of our counter, or just getting it out of the way.

Lagun Mount.JPG

I was keen to made this project simple so, while I'm sure there are other sliding table mounts available out there, we zero'd in on one made by Lippert Europe called "Simply". The Simply had the advantage that its mounting bracket was the same width as the Lagun's mounting plate. Hoping to avoid import hassles I ordered from Wilderness Vans, an upfitter in southern Alberta which advertised stock.

Lippert Europe Simply bracket.png

lci-simply-table-bracket-3.jpg
Unfortunately, the package arrived without instructions for assembly or adjustment. There was also a lone part rolling around in the box for which I could find no purpose. The upfitter that sold it wasn't at all responsive to my requests for information but I eventually found an Italian website with helpful diagrams. The mystery part, called a "stopper nut" was critical to proper operation of the bracket's locking mechanism but was missing a corresponding threaded bolt in the hardware package. The local Nuts & Bolts store sorted me out quickly.
Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 5.00.41 PM.png
#3 is the threaded stopper nut. Red X marks the missing bolt used to attach it to the bracket.

Once I was able to make direct measurements of the bracket, I found the road forward was indeed simple. Two 6-inch lengths of 1-inch aluminum U-channel provided the mounting interface between the Lippert sliding bracket and Lagun table mounting plate. The U-channel was required to accommodate the Simply's locking mechanism. A cable runs from one side to the other, attached to plastic stoppers inside the tracks of each arm. When a central lever is pulled, the cable is stretched tight and the stoppers pull against the slides to prevent any forward or backwards motion. Adjustments to cable tension, for initial setup or eventual stretch, are made with threaded nuts.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 3.07.07 PM.png

It was here where the stopper nut serves its function, creating tension on the cable when the locking lever is pulled. Since it now sits within my added U-channel interface, I did have to file 1/8-inch off the back side of its top flange for a proper fit.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 3.05.11 PM.png

To fit the size of our table (soon to be replaced, but dimensions will remain the same), I needed to trim 2-inches off each arm of the Simply bracket. 3-inches were cut off each end of the Lagun plate to match its length with Simply's sliding brackets. As mentioned, width-wise the distance between the sliding brackets was a perfect match for the Lagun plate. Holes were drilled and the two were bolted to their respective sides of the aluminum U-channel.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 3.02.58 PM.png

IMG_4918.JPG

All done, and it works as planned. Will post up some additional pics when I get it back into the camper.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online