Lance with 1,000,000 kms! overland to Argentina

adventuretrek

Adventurer
We are starting our 14th Trekoftheamericas Expediton over the Pan American Highway in July, 2014......traveling with Lance and Ford for over the one million kilometers in Latin America (also to Alaska, Route 66, and Canada).

Almost every year we start in McAllen Texas and travel with a small group of RVs thru the route Pan American...the hottest place of the Trek is in Texas!!!

If we have many very small vehicles, we can permit one larger unit. The height limit of the new ferry from Panama to Columbia is 3.8 m , otherwise the vehicle must be shipped on a RORO steamship.

The TrekLog gives a km by km (mi by mi) camp and travel guide for the Pan American Highway to all that participate in the event, this combined with GPS, and the fun of traveling together will assure that on ONE, will get lost....if we get lost we will do it together!!! Traveling the Pan American Highway is not just visiting the "tourist areas"....but stopping in the small out-of-the-way villiages and live with the neighbors awile...that is what you remember the most!! Many times your neighbors are also the wild birds, and animals of the area.

adventuretrek

Adventurer
Just starting to get ready for another trip to Argentina starting in July 2017....There is NO ferry and the RV must be shipped by freighter from Colon, Panama to Columbia. Another note is shipping available from Argentina to Italy via the FIAT ship that ships cars to South America....very cheap!

adventuretrek

Adventurer
I have just started "organizing" lol , dividing into CAMPS, BORDERS, NATURE, PARKS, ON THE ROAD, MEETING PEOPLE, OTHER RVS, AND BEACHES. I found out it is a lot easier traveling than organizing photos! Still trying to decide what to use, Photobucket, or ?
anyway some of the photos are on the adventuretrek dot com site
I will send you a photo link when I get this done. thanks for the interest

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Adventuretrek,
I could not access your photo bucket pics without a password. You need to hire a good website designer to give your product a little more visibility.
Remember the essential position of a well run business: "Don't waste my time".
jefe

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Trekkie,
I finally was able to open your pix and found them enlightening. How's the weather in July around the Equator? I noticed almost everyone had air conditioning. Is that required for the heat and humidity? Anyone break down along the way? I like the views near the southern end of the PanAm Hwy.
jefe de doble tracción.

adventuretrek

Adventurer
Weather at the Equator...

We have never been there in JULY, we start from Texas in July. But to answer your question, the temperature (if you are on the Pan Am Highway) in Equador, is always about the same...+- 70F...because you are at 8000 feet. However if you are crossing on the Trans Amazon in Brazil, 90-100F is not uncommon.

Very little use of the A/C s on the trip, because we are usually in some elevation or near the coast in the cooler areas.

Even in the day, most use limited cab a/c, except in the very humid and hot areas.

Attachments

• HandinDesert.JPG
    HandinDesert.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior